What are you reading?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
deldaisy said:
Rereading Monstrous Regiment.
And then the library rang and told me they had Lords and Ladies, AND Witches Abroad.... so I picked them both up..... MEANING to reread witches first.... but I HAD to open Lords and Ladies cause I LOVE IT... so now I am rereading Montrous Regiment, Lords and Ladies, and peeking at Witches.....

Now you have to understand that I normally finish a DW book in one sitting..... and I am rereading DW books as therapy as I have had a bit of a problem lately. I haven't been able to concentrate on anything so it was suggested I try EVERYTHING I love.

So now I have three books I am reading in bits.... there is a scarf started in knitting a whole six inches of it, half a side of a bag in crochet, the paints are out but the lids are still on and brushes dry, the sewing machine is set up on the dining room table and 13 sequinned dresses waiting to be sewn together in a week for the daughters stage performance, I have scraped a foot square off the tiles in the shower, four pots of herbs are sitting in the seedling pots waiting to be transferred to the little herb garden, I have half trimmed the tree that was crowding the front stairs and the branches are still there....

What was I saying?

Edit: Oh yeah and I keep meaning to call the plumber to come replace the shower rose........

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
New John Boyne book Came out today called the Absolutist so i went to the local decent book store in Dublin City to buy it. Was chatting away to the girl behind the counter as i purchased the book and she told me she had to e-mail him to say someone had finally bought it. Turned out it was his sister working in the shop. Small world :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I'm reading Siddartha (Herman Hesse) on my sister's recommendation - she thinks I need a spiritual side. It's a bit dull.

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
Have finished Dark Side of the Sun. The first bit was garbled and I didn't understand most of it but once the plot had room to move, it got a bit better.

I love Strata though. Perhaps it's the Discworldy parts that make you go, 'oh yes'! And they had pseudo Vikings in it too! :laugh:, so that was good. Plus there's an answer to what keeps the water pouring out of the Discworld (Strata's one anyway). The characters are good and I wish I had a food processing machine like thier robot one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter