What have you seen recently? 2

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch-up said:
:( We're having such a hard time getting out to the theater and there's so much we want to see! If we don't get out soon we'll miss POTC. I also want to see Green Lantern and Cars 2. Missed Thor and X-Men.
I still haven't seen Pirates but am not really bothered - need to see Kung Fu Panda 2 before it goes, same wiith Bridesmaids and Green Lantern. We don't get Cars 2 here till the week after Harry Potter - so 3 weeks...

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
The Matrix rocks! You'll be much happier if you don't watch the next two, BTW ;)

Watched the first Kung Fu Panda yesterday. Better than I'd been led to believe. Also saw Bridesmaids, which wasn't bad for what it was - a female buddy movie. The flatmate was hilarious :laugh:

DaveC said:
Catch-up said:
:( We're having such a hard time getting out to the theater and there's so much we want to see! If we don't get out soon we'll miss POTC. I also want to see Green Lantern and Cars 2. Missed Thor and X-Men.
I still haven't seen Pirates but am not really bothered - need to see Kung Fu Panda 2 before it goes, same wiith Bridesmaids and Green Lantern. We don't get Cars 2 here till the week after Harry Potter - so 3 weeks...
Kung Fu Panda 2 wasn't as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it...the animation was really nice too. Oh and the kids liked it which isn't quite so important. >.>

poohcarrot said:
The Matrix rocks x 7 :laugh:
Matrix 2 was silly. o_O
Matrix 3 was complete and utter pants. :twisted:
The Matrix is my favourite film. :) I don't love but I do like the sequels bs they try to do many unexpected things. Although they are a lot more cheesey and than the first and too glossy looking compared to the grit of before.

It still has loads of iconic images, mostly in 3, best bit in 2 despite the digits and chases, is the cake. I love the fight in the rain in 3, the entrance to the club, and the vision machine city and the whole ancest of Bane.

Whenever I watch them I always watch The Animatrix first as its a really cool prequel and in some ways more thought provoking than the following films.

Apr 26, 2011
Bingen
www.flickr.com
Well, the Matrix needed sequels to clear it all up; only they could have been better.
While Matrix Reloaded had a certain congeniality (I mean, the Keymaker (was this his name in Englisch, literal translation of Schlüsselmacher) was great and those medusa twins and the Carolingian), Revolutions was utter crap.

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Enterprise is pretty good, once it gets set up and has a more continuing storyline it really starts rolling.

I watched The Trip (with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon) today, which was a bit long and boring. I found out it was a tv-show afterwards, probably a bit more watchable in 25-minute chunks. Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I in preparation for part II soon, and I'll go and watch 'Super' now (Rainn Wilson in a kind of superhero movie).

Willem said:
Enterprise is pretty good, once it gets set up and has a more continuing storyline it really starts rolling.

I watched The Trip (with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon) today, which was a bit long and boring. I found out it was a tv-show afterwards, probably a bit more watchable in 25-minute chunks. Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I in preparation for part II soon, and I'll go and watch 'Super' now (Rainn Wilson in a kind of superhero movie).
I watched the film as 6 half hour episodes on TV, loved it. I think it maybe suits TV more. Can't wait to see Super, it's out in a few weeks here.

Willem said:
Super was... interesting. Reminded me of Defendor in a lot of places, but more surreal. Defendor had more heart, Super had the superior emotional ending though.
Have you seen Special, another film along the same lines but it's more of a realistic film about the psychology of thinking you have powers. It still has that edgy comedy to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479162/

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter