What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del

Sergeant
Mar 1, 2012
michelanCello said:
Death at a Funeral... partly funny, partly painful and altogether amusing ;)
Hilarious if it was the English one mC... very different if it was the American one.

Apr 29, 2009
London
michelanCello said:
Death at a Funeral... partly funny, partly painful and altogether amusing ;)
I've got it on DVD. The only part I though was amusing was right at the end, with the knocking.

Alan Tudyk has a rather nice botty, though. ;)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Catch-up said:
Watched Our Idiot Brother last night. OMG! Hysterical!! :laugh:
Since we seem to like the same things, I looked this up, but it's not out here :( No sign either of when or if it will be. Grr!

BobtheDrog

Lance-Corporal
Jan 11, 2010
Dublin
tried watching Bridesmaids the other day, gave up after a while really didn't like it just seemed like it didn't know what kind of film it wanted to be so tried to mash various different ideas together

Antiq

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Ireland
John Carter, which I enjoyed, don't know why it bombed, it wasn't that bad.

Pirates!Band of Misfits - awwwesomme! Really really good. If you watch it, pay attention to all the stuff on the wall as the credits roll.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
michelanCello said:
Watched Dead Poet's Society for the first time, liked it really much, though I thought it'd have been better if Mr. Keaton was played by a no name actor rather then Robin Williams... he was good in that role, don't misunderstand me, but it's the role itself that would require less attention, me thinks...
Was he as big a name back then, though?

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Saw Being Elmo this week, kind of interesting but less so than I had thought. I was kind of surprised that the guy who plays/voices him is a big black man :) (not that that matters). The doc itself was a bit too much about the whole Jim Henson company and not that much about the puppeteer.

Catch-up said:
Everyone always raves about Game of Thrones, so we decided to give it a try. Watched the first episode and can't say we were all that impressed.
I had to start GoT 3 times to get into it... first two times I turned it off after 10 minutes, can't stand all that blood and body parts... o_O
After two episodes I was hooked :p Haven't seen season 2 yet, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter