What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobtheDrog

Lance-Corporal
Jan 11, 2010
Dublin
Found Brave okay but a bit disappointing as a pixar film (high expectations). went to Ek Tha Tiger a bollywood film part of which was shot here in Dublin, I was enjoying it until the intermission which killed the pacing and made it seem to drag on a bit then, good fun but nothing special. Expendables 2 has some good moments where the over the top nature of the film makes it funny but its not great otherwise. Grabbers is brilliant, made in Ireland about a sea monster thats killling people draining them of their blood, but it gets poisoned by alcohol so the only way to stay safe is to be very, very drunk. It stars Richard (Moist von Lipwig) Coyle, Ruth Bradley and Russell Tovey.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Watched a few more episodes of Game of Thrones. It's definitely getting better plot-wise! Of course, still has it's share of hokey moments, and we have to roll our eyes at the scenes that are so obviously for shock value.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I was looking through the BBC iPlayer and came across a "comedy" series called Bad Education. What a pile of poo!

I also saw there was a Jodie Foster movie called 'Flightplan' on, but once I read the comments on IMDB I decided to give it a miss. :laugh:

Tonyblack said:
I was looking through the BBC iPlayer and came across a "comedy" series called Bad Education. What a pile of poo!

I also saw there was a Jodie Foster movie called 'Flightplan' on, but once I read the comments on IMDB I decided to give it a miss. :laugh:
Flightplan was OK but I don't like it on principle because it stopped Serenity going to #1 on the week it was released! :eek:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
We went to see ParaNorman today. Thought it was really good! Good story and some great scary scenes that were representative of good scary movies, but not so over the top that Thing 2 got too scared.

I've also been watching the last season of Warehouse 13. :laugh: Really enjoy that show. Problem is, I'm going to catch up soon, then I'll have a long wait for the next season.

Yesterday I watched the pilot episode of Sherlock (loved it!) so now I started watching the first episode, but I don't get it. It's the same story as the pilot, only...different. Some sets are different (
So Sherlock and Watson don't meet first in a computer room, but in some kind of lab, and Watson has a different cell phone
) but it's still the same story, it even has the same dialogues at certain points... why'd they do that? o_O

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
michelanCello said:
Yesterday I watched the pilot episode of Sherlock (loved it!) so now I started watching the first episode, but I don't get it. It's the same story as the pilot, only...different. Some sets are different (
So Sherlock and Watson don't meet first in a computer room, but in some kind of lab, and Watson has a different cell phone
) but it's still the same story, it even has the same dialogues at certain points... why'd they do that? o_O
According to the special features on the disc, they made such a good pilot that they didn't want to change it too much, so they remade it with more money and a rethink about how things would work. :)

The pilot you saw was never intended to be shown on TV, it was made to sell the show.

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
I saw BenX on tv. I had never heard of this movie, we don't get much stuff from Belgium (they wrote if was from Belgium, but the writings seemed to me like Dutch..). It was good, a bit sad at some points but not too much because of the happy ending. Has anyone else seen it?

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Watched John Carter a couple of nights ago. We thought it was really good! Can't understand why it bombed at the box office. Although, I have to admit that we had no interest in going to the theater to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter