What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I tried to watch the Dresden series, but couldn't get into it. I think I remember liking the first couple of episodes, then gave up. I know it was cancelled after 1 season. Maybe I'll give it another try sometime. Always thought one of his books would make a good movie!

Jan 13, 2012
South florida, US
www.youtube.com
Watched hobo with a shotgun (thanks again Joolz :) ) The cheese. THE CHEESE :laugh: I had completely forgot it was one of the Grindhouse trailers.

It was so bad, but fun. over the top, but fun. fun, but fun.

"When life gives you razorblades, you cover a bat in razorblades." :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
Who's Wee Dug said:
A friend of mine gave me the first series to watch , :laugh: but I have not started it yet as I'm watching the Dresden series at the moment.
I watched that, and it took a few episodes to get going, but the last three or four were stonking, and to end it like that on a cliffhanger was particularly cruel punishment by the network.

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
Ted.

I thought it would be funnier. Don't get me wrong, it is funny especially some scenes but more of a rental than a cinema viewing. Don't let your mother watch it :laugh:

Antiq

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Ireland
Accused: Tracie's Story.

After the initial shock and mild panic seeing Sean Bean as a gay transvestite (such a far end of the spectrum role for him, it's difficult to think of him without a sword in his hand :laugh: ) I was mesmerised - he played a blinder! Fantastic! 10/10

Antiq

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Ireland
Catch-up said:
Reminds me of when we were watching Tooth Fairy and there was a scene with The Rock in a tutu. :eek: I could have gone my whole life without seeing that.
:laugh:

I really admire actors who are able to stretch themselves and take on unlikely roles.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Have to admit he deserved lots of credit for doing it! :laugh:

Discovered the original version of Death at a Funeral on Netflix instant view last night. :laugh: Sooooo much better than the U.S. version! Alan Tudyk (did I spell that right?) was hysterical.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Bouncy Castle said:
Tudyk had a very creditable English accent, and a very nice botty!!
Agreed! :laugh:

We just watched The Secret World of Arrietty. Geez, what a snoozefest! I could barely stay awake through it and I never fall asleep during movies. That hour and a half felt like an eternity.

Selkie

Lance-Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
Is that the anime one? We got that from LoveFilm but I couldn't see it through to the end. Right now we are trying to catch up on all the tv we missed while the Olympics was on. I never realised how much stuff we record!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Selkie said:
Is that the anime one? We got that from LoveFilm but I couldn't see it through to the end. Right now we are trying to catch up on all the tv we missed while the Olympics was on. I never realised how much stuff we record!
Yes, that's the one! If we weren't watching it as a family I would have given up.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Tonyblack said:
I watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas on the BBc iPlayer this morning. I have no idea how close it is to the book, but the film was pretty good. :)
Mostly to the book, but they changed the ending, which wasn't quite right.

We saw Brave last week. I enjoyed it very much, even had a few tears at the end & it's a ruddy cartoon. :oops: :doh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter