What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I went with a girlfriend to see La La Land. I kind of bigged it up to her as she doesn't watch musicals as a rule, (come to that, neither do I). Well, I say 'bigged' it up, I made several comments about Ryan Gosling and him dancing. I forget what it's actually about right this minute, something along the lines of boy-being meets girl-being beneath silvery moon, which then explodes for no adequately explored reason. Not really :oops:

Also binge watched S2 Penny Dreadful. In my defense we're in a heat wave right now and it's a cracking bit of telly.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
To get over the trauma and angst of my PC problems I went to see Underworld: Blood Wars just what I needed to lose myself in, the film was Ok worth seeing if you like these type of films, lots shooting, sword fights Vampires against Werewolves just go with the flow and take the film for what it is a bit of mindless escapism. :mrgreen:

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Tonyblack said:
Sister Jennifer said:
I watched the 1959 version of On The Beach, was really good.
I have that on DVD - one of my favourites. The book is great, also.
You have fantastic taste, it's one of my favourite books as well. I'm a sucker for end of world/ post apocalyptic/ dystopian novels and for some inexplicable reason didn't know about that movie. Subject matter very grim but enjoyment level at watching it very high.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
While I haven't actually watched the series in earnest, my mother has been recently watching Black Sails, and the opening titles have catapulted themselves into my Top 5 already...

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I actually got to watch Rogue One this morning. I didn't see it in the cinema and I've been waiting for it to come out on DVD. But I was looking through Facebook and someone had posted the whole movie on there. It was quite good. I think I'll have to watch it again as there were so many new characters that I need to take some time with it.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I would like to see Wonder Woman while it's on the big screen.

I saw the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was ok. It says it's the final movie and I think it should be. Javier Bardem's character was excellent though.

Better still, I've been watching Ripping Yarns on YouTube. They're brilliant.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Well shiver me timbers. I hope you enjoy it.

I watched Suicide Squad. Well, I say watched, luckily I'd had a couple of wines to dull the senses. It certainly deserved the criticism. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

I've also rewatched The Revenant which is bloody awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter