What have you seen recently? 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Batman is a vigilante. He works his form of justice based his own opinion. Superman is similar, but doesn't have anything to stop him, other than the Mary Sue of Kryptonite. Superman could easily make the whole world bow to his opinions - Batman would have a far bigger problem

In the awful film, Batman Versus Superman, Batman decided that Superman could be a potential threat Human life. He was right - Superman could have been the ultimate dictator. That's where the movie goes to pot. Why would the human race allow that dictatorship to take place?

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
for the last two months, I've been trying my best to remember the title of a sitcom I watched in the early 2000s
starring a mechanic and his brother and friends cope with his father who has multiple divorces one of his exes was a schizophrenic with multiple personalities
yes I know vague at best but that was all I could remember from it
Google wasn't helping and I lost hope
funny that
then it happened through random chance I found out the title of the show and well during the last few weeks the writer and star of that show Christopher Titus has been uploading the same show that I've been scouring the internet for so I've been binging Titus for the last few days

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
We just finished watching the first season of Dirk Gently and sadly found out that it was cancelled after the 2nd season. We really enjoyed it! At least the first season wrapped up that story line for the most part. Does the 2nd season do that as well? Is it worth watching or will we be left hanging?

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
We watched Shazam the other night. I did not have high expectations. The girls had been asking to watch it for a long time. It turned out to be great! Really enjoyed it, very funny!

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Glad to hear that Shazam was good fun! Someday maybe I'll see it.
Meanwhile, I've been bingeing Rosemary and Thyme on Youtube. They only had three seasons and the plots have weak elements, but the overall feeling of the show is pleasant. Except for all the murders, of course.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just watched two DVDs of war movies: Dunkirk and 1917. Frankly I thought that Dunkirk, directed by Christoper N, was pants compared to Sam, Mendes's 1917. Dunkirk doesn't really have a story - if you want a story, watch the 1958 version. This version is pants in comparison. No real story and a disappointing version. of the story .

The two stories are the pinnacle between great movie direction and trying to appease the audience with feel a feel-good movie. Strangely enough, 1917 plays like a first-person Shoot Em Up. Dunkirk, on the other hand is disappointing. There's no real story here, 1917, on the other hand takes the viewer back to the feel of WW1

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
We watched Onward a few nights ago and it was really fun. Derek and the girls especially enjoyed it because they play D&D.

I've started watching a couple of series I'd put on hold for awhile. Peaky Blinders and Riverdale. Peaky Blinders can get stressful and intense, so I'm just not always up for it, although I really enjoy it. Riverdale is just ridiculously silly and campy, which is why I enjoy it, but also why I need breaks from it.

Nov 21, 2010
Batman is a vigilante. He works his form of justice based his own opinion. Superman is similar, but doesn't have anything to stop him, other than the Mary Sue of Kryptonite. Superman could easily make the whole world bow to his opinions - Batman would have a far bigger problem

In the awful film, Batman Versus Superman, Batman decided that Superman could be a potential threat Human life. He was right - Superman could have been the ultimate dictator. That's where the movie goes to pot. Why would the human race allow that dictatorship to take place?
Spiderman is the better superhero ☺️

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just watched a 2010 movie by James Gunn called "Super". It was an incredible look into the world of comic books and superhero movies. Pretty gory, but well worth a look.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I managed to track that down Tony, surprised to see Liv Tyler in it and also Ellen Page from the Umberella Academy. Definitley lots of blood and guts but I was not that keen on the film itself saw it on Amazon prime which I have on trial.

User Menu

Newsletter