What is your favourite TV-Series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Currently loving:

Being Human
Brothers & Sisters
CSI Vegas/New York
Nurse Jackie
Medium
Ghost Whisperer
Criminal Minds

And anything with John Nettles in it! :oops:

Just taken delivery of the full boxset of Six Feet Under.

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Oh, how can I have missed this thread??

When I manage to wrestle the tv-control from my football loving boyfriend I try to catch:
House MD
Dr Who (I'm a bit behind when it comes to episodes I think...why did he dump Martha? I really liked her o_O )
Frasier
True blood (it's on so late so I rarely get to see it)
Top gear
Midsumer murder
Waking the dead
What not to wear
Coupling

Back when they were on I used to love watching
Twin peaks
Buffy
Cold feet
ER (I can't help it....a young George Clooney... *drooling*)

Fizz

Lance-Corporal
Mar 16, 2010
Ontario, Canada
www.whitesnails.com
LOST
BSG
The Office
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
The Daily Show
The Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad
Southpark
Doctor Who
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The Mentalist
Criminal Minds
Mad Men
Dexter
Psych

I like and watch all of those. Mind you at times I'm several seasons behind the most recent.

Nov 3, 2009
Finland
Let me see...

1) Shows I'm an actual fan of:
- Doctor Who (I actually first learned about it on another Discworld forum :laugh: )
- Scrubs
- Merlin (This is an ongoing discussion in my head: on one hand, there's the bad special effects and wobbly story lines, on the other, there's the clothes and the actors. What to choose, what to choose...)

2) Shows I have watched:
- Monk
- True Blood
- Buffy
- Moonlight
- The L Word
- Skins
- Torchwood
- Pushing Daisies
- Glee
- Dead Like Me
- Being Erica
- Stargate Universe
- Most British and German Krimi's. I can sing the intro to Poirot, Der Alte and Ein Fall für Zwei by heart. This is Saturday Night entertainment where I come from... o_O

Courtjezter

Lance-Constable
Jun 17, 2010
England
Right . (takes deep breath)

Buffy/Angel
Firefly
House
Supernatural
Battlestar Gallactica
Life on Mars
Smallville
Gilmore girls
Dr Who
Mentalist
Lie to Me
Castle
Top Gear
Warehouse 13
I did like Lost but the ending ruined it for me.
Ashes to Ashes
The Big Bang Theory

Thats it for now, i am sure i have forgotten something. Oh thats right...(runs off to turn off the gas)

Courtjezter said:
Right . (takes deep breath)

Buffy/Angel
Firefly
House
Supernatural
Battlestar Gallactica
Life on Mars
Smallville
Gilmore girls
Dr Who
Mentalist
Lie to Me
Castle
Top Gear
Warehouse 13
I did like Lost but the ending ruined it for me.
Ashes to Ashes
The Big Bang Theory

Thats it for now, i am sure i have forgotten something. Oh thats right...(runs off to turn off the gas)
YES! We have another Gilmore fan! ;)

Courtjezter

Lance-Constable
Jun 17, 2010
England
Should i hand in my man card???

It was an awesome show but it never really got a proper airing in the UK.
It was buried in the schedules of a minority channel. But i discovered it when i was on holiday in the caribbean. And the missus and i just bought the box sets when we got back.

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
I love Glee and I'm a man too (well, kinda, a married man).

Never got into the Gilmore Girls but I did enjoy Sex and the City and the first couple of season of Desperate Housewives.

I don't watch sports though so I'm guessing my opinions don't count on the man-front :)

Sep 9, 2008
XXXX
Getting in late here but top shows for me would be

Bablyon 5
Crusade
Spicks and Specks (Aussie show)
Good News Week (Aussie show)
Blakes 7
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Farscape
Firefly
Numb3rs
Seachange (an Aussie show)
Angel and Buffy
Primeval (until they killed off Nick Cutter)
Sanctuary

Quite like
NCIS
Bones
Castle

Oh dear the list got long rather quickly.

In reference to supposedly "unmanly" telly shows, like Gilmore Girls, Glee, Moonlight, Gossip Girl etc, etc, etc. I'm a bloke who loves football, cricket, rugby league and boxing, revels in the films of John Woo, Quentin Tarantino, Neil Marshall, John Carpenter and John Milius and thoroughly enjoys shows like Stargate: SG1, 24, Burn Notice and Spartacus: Blood and Sand (I'm not allowed to talk on the phone for an hour after watching it, in fact, because I keep exclaiming "Jupiter's C**k!" whenever something is even mildly surprising. Not a good thing when it's the rep from credit card on the phone).

I'm also hopelessly addicted to Gossip Girl, Supernatural and actually roared at the television when in Gilmore Girls
***Spoiler *** (Highlight to read) >>> Lorelai dumped Luke and went off with Christopher
...as well as not averse to watching a well made rom-com (even on my own). Manliness is being who you are and hiding it or apologising for it. ;) Also, if you're ever laughed at by work mates or school friends for your choice in "unmanly" entertainment, remind them that while they're all talking to each other about last nights episode of Top Gear and whatever Clarkson is wittering on about this week, you're talking to a gang of women about your shows. :p

Apr 29, 2009
London
PMSL @ Jupiter's C**k. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh dear, oh lore!!!

I love Gilmore Girls. That Lorelai had some stonkingly goodlooking men after her.

I never thought I could fancy a guy who wears a backwards baseball cap, but................. :oops:

Kirk was an utter dream of a character, though I always had an intense desire to slap the hell out of Taylor Dosie!

Good news - Sean Murray has signed a new deal with NCIS, so the entire cast will be back next season.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Nice one Danny B. Slightly off topic, your post reminds me of when I was younger and watching the musical 'Man of la Mancha', starring Peter o'Toole and Sophia Loren, with a group of heavy metal liking bikers. I can still clearly remember the sight at the end of the film (the bit when they sing 'The Impossible Dream') of all these long haired, heavily bearded, tough looking men dressed in biking leathers and denim cut-offs crying their eyes out and passing the tissues around. :laugh: Its still one of my favourite musicals! 8)

User Menu

Newsletter