What is your favourite TV-Series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
poohcarrot said:
Welcome back Jugula! :p

Adam Adamant! :laugh: Ooh that takes me back. I remember him from when I was a kid. He used to have a sword stick. (I think o_O )
Danke, nice to be back! He vas a Victorian gentleman, frozen in ice for 100 years and unthawed vhen a new block of flats vas built. A sword stick, und a cloak und 2 side kicks vone of whom vas a smashing bird, so my friends vould say! Gerald Harper played him.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
I just watched that. :laugh:
I love the final lyric when she sings,

"If you want love
And your years filled with laughter
And content ever after
Leave this man alone." :laugh:

(But if you want a quick shag, well that's OK!) :laugh:

PS Tony, I bet after watching that you went straight for the U.N.C.L.E. theme. I did! :p

Apr 29, 2009
London
I've just been persuaded by a rabid fan of Battlestar Galactica (the new one) to watch them, so I've just ordered the 3 episode prequel discs.

Oh and for fans (UK based) of the Gilmore Girls, it's starting up from S1 on 5* (I think) very soon.

Nov 26, 2011
Below Sealevel.
Re:

Tonyblack said:
Thanks for that!
Loved the Irish wolfhound in the clip,on thursdays like today,i've got this litlle fellow with me...

Eagan can always count on turning some heads. :laugh:
But turning to TV-themes,probably my favourite is this :

Somehow although it shouldn't work/fit it just does...

Music iMO is usually very underrated as part of the succes/failure of a film/series etc..
As an example my eye was caught while surfing channels by 'The Edge of Darkness' and when i excitedly turned the TV to that channel,i was quite disappointed to find it to be the Mel Gibson/Hollywood-version. :rolleyes:
Not only because the BBC-series couldn't be much improved anyway,but more still because i was expecting/hoping for bits of this haunting piece of beautiful musicscore :

Ah well,such is life,now i've got it on a youtube list anyway,thanks again! :mrgreen:

Ps Joan Whalley. :romance-admire: could have been the reason,that as an atheist(/agnost at best) i still sometimes pray to(commune with? ;) )Gaia...
Who am i kidding,she is! :laugh:

author3

Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
Well i have quite a lot of favourite tv shows but here's the list in order of favourites:

1.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2.Angel
3.Firefly
4.Friends
5.The Big Bang Theory
6.Torchwood
7.Father Ted
8.The Middle
9.Killinaskully
10.Digimon
11.Pokemon
12.Fawlty Towers