What is your favourite TV-Series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Don't know how I could forget this one, Pushing Daisies. It was only on for a couple of seasons. Saw it long after it was off the air. One of the best shows ever! Love Firefly too.

Dec 4, 2010
Nova Scotia Canada
Catch-up said:
Don't know how I could forget this one, Pushing Daisies. It was only on for a couple of seasons. Saw it long after it was off the air. One of the best shows ever! Love Firefly too.
Dang, forgot Firefly; thanks.
..anybody notice that "Jane" was on the latest Castle episode?

I have the series and the movie.

Apr 29, 2009
London
(It's Jayne, by the way!).

I heard that Adam Baldwin was doing a guest spot. I'm itching to see this new series. We've only got as far as S2 on terrestrial telly over here.

Love Bones. When Vincent died, I was a mushy mess! :cry:

Natalya

Lance-Corporal
Feb 1, 2012
Russia, Lipetsk
www.youtube.com
My& my husband's favorite TV-series:
Life on Mars
BSG (We are watching it in the second time now! So interestiiiing...! :) )
Lost (watched twise!)
FarScape (watched twice!)
Dr Who
Simpsons
King of the hill
and TV-serial which have only one episode: about astronauts team and aliens -... bowls which were singing and claimed to bring them to the Mars and other planets.... I forgot the name of it :(

I love this but my husband not loves:
Torchwood

My husband loves these series but I not love it:
SouthPark
Family Guy
Futurama

jessicat

Apr 19, 2012
i am a fan of the new series, New Girl by zoeey Deschanel. it is a really tv series with a lot of comedy, action, drama to it that t really gets interesting to watch every episode. it really surprises me sometimes how the story develops becasue sometimes it gets too fast but i have watched every episode of it so far and i am really loving it! i hope i dont miss out on the episodes nce i get really busy and all. i hope that they have more seasons to come as they are a way better series than the rest i know who has been there far too long!LOL

May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
jessicat said:
i am a fan of the new series, New Girl by zoeey Deschanel. it is a really tv series with a lot of comedy, action, drama to it that t really gets interesting to watch every episode. it really surprises me sometimes how the story develops becasue sometimes it gets too fast but i have watched every episode of it so far and i am really loving it! i hope i dont miss out on the episodes nce i get really busy and all. i hope that they have more seasons to come as they are a way better series than the rest i know who has been there far too long!LOL
That show is pretty good but I've sadly only seen two episodes

Imagineer

May 1, 2012
Utopia, Northwest USA
Thanks for all the list!

My favorites have the same dry wit as TP.

Northern Exposure
Black Adder
Mad Men
Dexter

Dry humour. MASH, Hogan's Heros

(Down on the list are 60 Minutes, 20/20, Frontline, Bill Moyers, Charlie Rose, Ellen Degeneres, Doctor Oz...)

(Dead Walking has terrible directing, too bad I didn't like Lost)

------------------------------------NORTHERN EXPOSURE................................

Northern Exposure takes place in a remote town in Alaska.

The Native Alaskans are normal people but the white people from Canada and the US are slighly insane. A few that are not-regulars are sometimes TRULY insane.

In one episode, the native people pelt the white townfolk with tomatoes.. The doctor (Joel) that is new to Alaska and hates everything abou it, is smacked one morning as he gets out of his truck, and the native that just gpt him with a big juicy one waves wIth a freindly "good morning Dr. Fleishman!" Joel enters the little grocery store, incredulous, and Ruth Anne (from Portland) answers him, "It's one day each year. It's the least we can do, considering ...

The music is really terrific. I highly recommend it just for that.

So many people like Firefly, but it doesn't make my top 20. I think other dry-wit shows are not as well written.. 2 1/2 Men. Thanks for the input for The X-Factor and Top Gear and all the rest.

.............................................Homer Simpson............................................

1. Suppose we've chosen the wrong God. Every time we go to church we're just making Him madder and madder.
2. Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot
3. And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
4. To start press any key (reading screen). Where's the "any" key? I see Esc, Catarl, and Pig Up. There doesn't seem to be any "any" key. Wo! All this computer hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab. (presses TAB key).
5.Always remember that you're representing your country. I guess what I'm saying is, don't mess up France the way you messed up your room.
6.I tell ya. It's hard, tiring work. But when I see the smiles on their little faces... I just know they're getting ready to jab me with something
7. Look at all this great stuff I found at the Marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat!
8.No! No-no-no-no-no-no! Well, yes
9.Aaah! Natural light! Get it off me! Get it off me!
10.Kids, kids. As far as Daddy's concerned, you're both potential murderers
11. If something goes wrong, blame the man that doesn't speak english

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I can't see the next one not being a success and I would really like to see a new series of Star Trek (as long as it doesn't turn out like 'Enterprise' with Scott Bakula).

The only tv series that has grabbed and held my attention of late is 'Game of Thrones'. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter