What Will be the next Terry Pratchett film

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

KPDGaskell

Lance-Constable
Aug 11, 2010
Milton Keynes
It would make sense to do sourcery seeming as it's the next Rincewind stroy after the colour of magic / the light fantastic and eric starts off with Rincewind in the dungeon dimensions and is fairly short.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
i'd like to see a few of the watch books done personally but sourcery has been where the hype was.

I still can't understand David Jason as Rincewind. o_O
Great actor, yes, but you can't fit square pegs into round holes.

I think the watch books would make a great TV series. The charachter development would work great.

KPDGaskell said:
It would make sense to do sourcery seeming as it's the next Rincewind stroy after the colour of magic / the light fantastic and eric starts off with Rincewind in the dungeon dimensions and is fairly short.
Short is sometimes an advantage for TV/movie adaptions though...less to cut out...

I'd love to see the Watch books, but I can't think of anyone who would do Vimes justice...

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I reckon Guards! Guards! would be the best since it not only introduces the Watch but would also be one of the easiest for those not acquainted with Discworld to understand. To paraphrase (or misquote ;) ) Sir Terry, "Its a story about cops. Just because I included a dragon, somebody decided that made it fantasy instead". :rolleyes: I took a friend, who had never even heard of Sir Terry (let alone the books), to the stage production starring Paul Darrow and she managed to enjoy it; despite normally having difficulties following the plot of a Star Trek episode. :laugh:

ramtopsman said:
Bouncy Castle said:
I thought Rincewind was in his early-mid thirties.
I always thought he was aswell but when you look at the artwork on the books he is always depictaded as having white / grey hair
Just like Twoflower on the cover =4 eyes.

Seems like all wizards were white beards to Kirby, still made for fun artwork, though.

And I agree Thewlis has the look, haven't really seen him do absolute panic, though, he is usually and authourity figure or an anarchist.

User Menu

Newsletter