What Will be the next Terry Pratchett film

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Bouncy Castle said:
I thought Rincewind was in his early-mid thirties.
I don't think his age has ever been mentioned in the books. The closest is in Colour of Magic where he finds himself on an aircraft above Roundworld. His name then is Dr. Rjinswand a thrirty-three year old bachelor, born in Sweden and raised in New Jersey.

I guess that might indicate his age, but how old is he by the Last Hero? ;)

Tonyblack said:
Bouncy Castle said:
I thought Rincewind was in his early-mid thirties.
I don't think his age has ever been mentioned in the books. The closest is in Colour of Magic where he finds himself on an aircraft above Roundworld. His name then is Dr. Rjinswand a thrirty-three year old bachelor, born in Sweden and raised in New Jersey.

I guess that might indicate his age, but how old is he by the Last Hero? ;)
I usually think in terms of Susan's age, at least 20 years must pass between Mort and Thief of Time, unless her age is accelerated somehow.

So Rincewind by Last Hero should be in his mid fifties IF he is in his mid thirties in CoM/LF.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Ricewinds timeline is all over the place because of the whole sourcery dungeon dimension thingy. The time between sourcery and eric doesn't seem to count for him.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Whilst pootling round Google Images, I found this.

My immediate reaction was................ why?

My second reaction was................ hasn't he got hairy arms?

I must get out more!!

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Bouncy Castle said:
Whilst pootling round Google Images, I found this.

My immediate reaction was................ why?

My second reaction was................ hasn't he got hairy arms?

I must get out more!!
It is the authors portrait from the inside of the dustjacket of Once More with Footnotes although that one is closer cropped than this picture.

For more Terry and ducks pictures try these by Tina Hannan, who co-wrote Nanny Oggs Cookbook

That duck on the plane really made me giggle, just so random :laugh:

Hope it's not Unseen Academicals. The book was okay, to be honest I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more on the second reading.

I equally wish that Making Money isn't made, I don't think the book or potential film adds anything more than Going Postal (which I did think was a creacking read and film!)

I'd like to see a different book brought to life, my preference being a Witches or Watch story. Failing that I can live with Unseen Academicals I suppose :rolleyes: Afterall, who wouldn't want to watch the Librarian play football o_O:

Turtles4Ever

Lance-Constable
Jun 6, 2010
Not trying to be a misery guts, but I've never seen the point in adapting Terry's books to a visual medium, simply because he puts so much work into his narrative and prose which is impossible to put across in film.

None of the adaptations so far (film, animation, etc) have come anywhere near the quality of the books which they are based on.

The only positive aspect of filmed adaptations is as a promotion for the books, but based on the output so far and if seen with no knowledge of Discworld, all of the adaptations would have put me OFF buying the books.

But hey, maybe it's just me. :)

User Menu

Newsletter