whats your favourite non terry book

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
A book called Sea of Glass by Barry B Longyear. I'd read one of his short stories 'Enemy Mine' that was later made into a movie and I searched out a few of his books - which vary widely. I eventually found Sea of Glass and it blew my mind away.

I read my paperback so much that it was practically falling to pieces, so I was over the moon whan I found a first edition hardback in gorgeous condion in Tucson for only $8. 8)

Sea of Glass

Ohnhai

Lance-Constable
Sep 17, 2009
My Favorite book is

ASH: A Secret History by Mary Gentle.

(I have bought 5 copies in my time and read the book through about 8 times...)

1st: Bought large format paperback from amazon.

2nd,3rd: Bought HB version and another Large format PB copy (the PB was for my mum) again from Amazon.

4th: Was in London 'being there' for my GF at the time as she spent a week in Hospital undergoing yet another operation to straighten the blood vessels in her lungs. Needed something to read, and bought the first harlequin book by Bernard Cornwell from the Hospital's news agency. It sucked beyond belief and I needed something to wash away the bad taste so I tracked into the city centre and found a small format PB copy....

5th: I gave my previous small format PB to some one, so when I was facing a 28hour flight out to my new life in Australia I wanted another copy (the large format versions are just too 'kill a hamster with the weight of it"
bulky...

Terry f

Lance-Constable
Sep 19, 2009
Bourne,Lincs
Way better think they may have missed the point,he wrote some really perspective altering books about perceptions of reality,and he ate dogfood.Pretty scary stuff. :twisted:

I must have spent easily a week trying to figure out what I would put in here. Finally, I plumped for a two parter by Stephen King and Peter Straub. The Talisman and it's long awaited follow up, Black House are my choice(s) for adult novels.

As a child, my favourite book was the prequel to Redwall by Brian Jacques, Mossflower. Since I'm unable to read and enjoy them again as an adult, except when reading to them to my niece while we babysit, I've gone for one I can still read as an adult, as well. Coraline, by Neil Gaiman.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The Redwall books are great fun - and I actually only read them (to myself) as an adult when Sharlene recommended them a couple of years ago. :laugh:

I have to confess that I sometimes read them out loud here at home so I can do the accents. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter