Where's My Cow?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jan 12, 2011
Alas,Germany
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When she gets a bit older,she will no doubt understand it´s a swearword (kids have quite a good radar for that)

I´m interested to see if she will twist that round the,saying "digger" instead of bugger when she swears.Thats okay,then.

"Oh,digger!"

:laugh: :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
My sister took her adorable baby boy by plane from Mackay (North Queensland) to Adelaide (South bit of Australia) to visit my parents one year.

He had JUST learnt his first word (awwwwwwww!) he WAS the most gorgeous baby and everywhere they went people stopped them. Well when they got on the aircraft and were in the air, the stewards picked him up off her and took him around to all the passengers to show him off.

And as they stopped to show him to passengers he would smile his biggest smile at them and say loudly and clearly "SHIT!" :laugh:

:eek: :eek: My sister and her husband were over the top of the seats yelling "JET! Yes... JET! :laugh: Heh heh... its his first word and we told him he was going on a JET! JET! heh heh... he can't talk properly yet... JET!"

"Shit!"

JET! JET! Yes darling... its a JET! :eek: :oops:

Wanna know what his second word was? "TRUCK! TRUCK! He's saying TRUCK!" (and this time he WAS saying Truck.... but everyone gave them curry after the JET incident. :laugh:

Jan 12, 2011
Alas,Germany

My wee one has all the naughty words commemorated.I guess she likes to be on the safe side ( I hope...)

She says:"You musn´t say shit.issa bad word.Issa naughty,to say shit.Mussn say shit.Shit is naughty,isn´t it,Mummy.Emma doesn´t say shit.Shit is naughty."

Same if I say something......however far away she is,however quietly I say it.....
"Mummy!!!Mummy say don say the f word!!!Issa bad word Mummy!!"

"I know,darling,you´re very right,the f word is very naughty,but see,I had this massive hot heavy pot fall on my fingers so..."

"Mummy hassa go naughty step!!!F word is very naughty!Mummy have a smack???"

Jan 13, 2012
South florida, US
www.youtube.com
Lol my friends son is 4. all of us are big gamers and he got into it when he was 2. Left for dead 2 was his favorite until they got Gears of war 3. he's actually very good at it, considering. last time i was at their place me and him were playing against his mom and dad, us in the bedroom, them in the living room. now he never does this with them but every time he died he would slam his fist on the bed and yell "Damn!"

It was all i could do to keep from rolling right there every time he did it.

I'd love to get WMC, i'd even read it to my kid. The best part about here is no one knows what bugger is so he/she can say all he/she wants :laugh:

Del

Sergeant
Mar 1, 2012
A year or more ago I brought a coffee cup with a cow pic on the side.... it has alwyas been my "Wheres My Cow" mug and in fact that cry would echo around the house when I was looking for it if one of the girls used it. "Wheres My Cow?" :laugh:

It has a large chip in it. I shall have to throw it out. :( So sad.

Ponder

Lance-Constable
Feb 11, 2011
Derry, Ireland
I just HAD to post under this book (even if it might not be entirely relevant). I bought "Where's My Cow?" when my wife was pregnant with our first boy (now aged 2) with the hope of enjoying it with him and introducing him to the Discworld at a very young age. I've been reading it to him since he was a few months old and now that he's a bit older he loves it! He asks me to read it every night and laughs out long to the parts about Foul Ole Ron and Coughing Henry. I can't tell you all how much joy it brings me to see him enjoying the work of an author who has had such a profound impact on my own life and whos humour and imagination have helped me through some of the more darker times in my life! AMAZING (said the Gruffalo...but that's another story...) :laugh:

Aug 26, 2012
WHAT is my cow? It has long horns growing backwards. It's definitely a cow and not a bull as I can see huge udders from the rear. It appears on the front of Where's my Cow but I've never seen it in the home of milk and honey (New Zealand) where I now live. In short, What's my cow?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome Stephanie from New Zealand! :laugh:

I have no idea what the cow is. Have you seen how many different breeds of cattle there are in the world? o_O And that's our world. Gods knows how many they have on the Discworld.

Maybe a Lancre Longhorn? :laugh:

Aug 26, 2012
I really love it too! Fantastic - a Lancre Longhorn, that's what it is now. I've spent heaps of time staring at cows bottoms, as you do, since mooving here. Still vegetarian though.

User Menu

Newsletter