wots on your to read pile

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sjoerd3000 said:
Rebel by Bernard Cornwell, got it yesterday from a secondhand bookshop :dance:
The first of the Starbuck Chronicles. Be prepared to get frustrated - after the fourth Starbuck book, the Sharpe TV series started to take off, so Bernard put Starbuck to one side to write some more Sharpe.

He never got around to writing any more Starbuck - although he's always said that he would eventually. :laugh:

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Have you read the interview with Bernard Cornwell I posted? George Martin asked what he will do next

Bernard Cornwell said:
'There's one period I'm desperate to write about (forgive me if I don't say which because I don't want someone else muscling in on it first!). But next is another novel about Thomas of Hookton in the Hundred Years War, then it's back to Uhtred and the Saxons.
So no new Starbuck book :p

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sjoerd3000 said:
Have you read the interview with Bernard Cornwell I posted? George Martin asked what he will do next

Bernard Cornwell said:
'There's one period I'm desperate to write about (forgive me if I don't say which because I don't want someone else muscling in on it first!). But next is another novel about Thomas of Hookton in the Hundred Years War, then it's back to Uhtred and the Saxons.
So no new Starbuck book :p
No, I didn't see an interview - what thread is it in? :)

Bernard is very good at answering questions that people submit to him on his website and one of the most asked questions is: will you write more Starbuck?

He's not really committed himself to it yet, but he tends to make positive noises about it. :laugh:

Personally, I'd rather read the Uhtred books. ;)

May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
I've just added a couple of more books to my to read shelf.
Skulduggery Pleasant:The Faceless Ones by Derek Landy
Koyasan by Darren Shan
My Secret Admirer by Carol Ellis
Master of Murder by Christopher Pike
Remember Me by Christopher Pike
Buffy:prime Evil
Buffy:Child of the Hunt
Buffy:Return to Chaos
Buffy:Unnatural Selection
Buffy:laugh:eep Water
:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Joolz

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Blyth Northumberland
Can't get into Anita Blake- she's at the back of the shelf :) Found Holy Warrior by Angus Donald, Wolves of the Calla(Dark Tower 5) by Stephen King, Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly and The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan in my charity shop trawl today Thats a fiver well spent :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Just bought Hawks Quest and Perdition. Ones about the Normans and the other is about the crusades and bought are described as being similar to Bernard Cornwall so looking forward to em when i get round to them :laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
Joolz said:
Can't get into Anita Blake- she's at the back of the shelf :) Found Holy Warrior by Angus Donald, Wolves of the Calla(Dark Tower 5) by Stephen King, Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly and The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan in my charity shop trawl today Thats a fiver well spent :laugh:
i like matthew reilly ive read them all, you just keep turning the pages as the pace just doesnt give up. i think temple is my favourite, i love the jaguars in it :laugh:

I don't have books i'm planning to read, only books i started but got distracted by another book :laugh:

Brisinger by Chris paolini (and inheritence once thats done).

Atlas shrugged (my most current purchase and the one i'm working on)

Pride and prejudice and zombies (never read the original and never had any interest to. i'll probably get Abe Lincoln vampire hunter after that :) )

Deep Fathom by james rollins

and since someone mentioned it and it reminded me, Insomnia by stephen king is TECHNICALLY on this list too, but has been on the list since.... when was it released...? 94? i doubt i'll ever finish it. actually Cell is the only SK book i did finish. i tried others but they escape me at the moment.

Aug 12, 2010
Bristol
I was interested in getting the pride and prejudice with zombies in
Changed my mind I have easily 20 new books that I have not read yet

Complete collection of H.P Lovecraft
Complete collection Edgar Allan Poe
War Horse [though I have seen the film now]
Best Stories of HG Wells
Wolf Hall Hilary Mantel
Infernal Devices K w Jeter
Grimms fairy tales [been watching OUAT and Grimm on tv]

New years resolution to get reading again presently reading Snuff.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
It's gonna take a while, I'm having trouble finding the time to read lately but on my pile is;

The Children Of Men - PD James
The Murders In The Rue Morgue & other stories - Edgar Allan Poe
Dune - Frank Herbert
11/22/63 - Stephen King

Happy Reading!

User Menu

Newsletter