YouTube

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
michelanCello said:
OK, I know we are on a Pratchett forum, but I still wanted to share this with you. It's the latest Harry Potter trailer. I thought this was important, because HP was one of the first books I've read - and with that I mean really the first (OK, after Winnie the Pooh). I was 7, I think. And as it's in the trailer too, it's part of a generation, so I thought I'd post it here. You can lynch me now, if you want to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5I...ld93o&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-1-HM
I suspect you might be surprised how many of us here like Harry Potter. ;)

I've read all of the books and seen most of the movies and enjoyed them. :)

Undershaft

Lance-Constable
Jun 30, 2010
Harry Potter

I just loved the books , though I am not crazy about the movies . The reason why , is that in the movies , there were not shown many plots , especially in the Half Blood Prince , which seemed to me , that none of the makers read the book ( the Riddle family plot wasn't there , what made me really annoyed). The first three movies were OK, the others were good as films , but had nothing to do with HP ( I don't mean Hewlett-Packard ) . But of course, I'm gonna see the Deathly Hallows , but first , as always, I'll have to forget it's Harry Potter . By the way Deathly Hallows was in my opinion one of the best Harry Potter stuff. Somebody agrees?

Re: Harry Potter

Undershaft said:
I just loved the books , though I am not crazy about the movies . The reason why , is that in the movies , there were not shown many plots , especially in the Half Blood Prince , which seemed to me , that none of the makers read the book ( the Riddle family plot wasn't there , what made me really annoyed). The first three movies were OK, the others were good as films , but had nothing to do with HP ( I don't mean Hewlett-Packard ) . But of course, I'm gonna see the Deathly Hallows , but first , as always, I'll have to forget it's Harry Potter . By the way Deathly Hallows was in my opinion one of the best Harry Potter stuff. Somebody agrees?
I don't. I didn't like the last book. I think Harry should have died, but Rowling didn't want to loose her fans. I don't like the epilog either. And of course, all that traveling around seems only like some kind of filling of pages to me.
My favorite book of the series is the first (of course) and the third. About the movies: I like this David Yates. I know everyone disagrees with the way he interprets the books, but I liked the 5th and the 6th movie. I hated the third and the forth...

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Have to share this over here too - I was scouting for stuff on the award-winning Bugs Bunny cartoon where he's at the opera. The eally famous cartoon where Elmer Fudd sings Kill de Wabbit! (to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries of course) :laugh:

Anyway I found THIS - that someone had had a really brilliant idea to 'freshen' it up a bit and over-dubbed it... :twisted: :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
MissTeatime said:
That redneck video... Eugh. I'm sorry, I'm just so completely allergic to all of that that I just couldn't watch it, not even with the sound off. :p

Lol at the Wagner... :laugh:

I don't know if anyone has posted one of these yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cRpIYpdjRY
It turns out that redneck really is a spoof. The guy who makes them is a comedian and uses this character to (hopefully) show people what it would be like if the Tea Party gains power. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter