2014 DWcon Manchester - The Grand Exhibition!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
WWD said:
Just had confirmation on my room booking :mrgreen:
Me too - have blown £500 on this already (metaphorically anyway) :eek: Bookings always tend to start to ease off after the 1st release but I think with this being a smaller hotel than usual people have been twitchy about getting their bookings in early so there's bound to be drop off soon I should think as I recognise a load of regular names in there and there's only so many die-hard convention fans after all.

Ridiculously excited already :rolleyes:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I think with the Palace and and Holiday Inn Express there's going to be a combined room capacity similar to the Hilton - and there's tons of other places to stay in central Manchester that people on a tight budget can opt for, so perhaps they're going to allow more than the usual 1000 registrations (although that's the max capacity in the biggest event room at the Palace, so maybe that's the limit anyway?) :laugh:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
I doubt they will go beyond 1,000, last year was a bit less than 900 if I remember correctly. I also have my room at the Palace confirmed and may well go for a re-appearance of the vampire outfit as a frock coat and hat would fit a Victorian look although you can never go wrong with a wizard outfit and it was rather good to be worn only once. :think:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Mad, there were quite a few people left without a ticket that wanted one, they closed the waiting list because they could not fulfill the ticket demands.

edited to add: the total memberships sold was 950.
8th 2012 24–27 August Birmingham, UK The Eighnnnnnnn Discworld Convention Sir Terry Pratchett Colin Smythe, Ian Stewart, Jack Cohen, Rob Wilkins, Lionel Fanthorpe, Stephen Baxter, Bernard Pearson, Jaqueline Simpson, Stephen Briggs, Ian Mitchell 950
editing the edit: they have sold more in two days the 2012 sold in a month, some more stats below.

http://2012.dwcon.org/blog/2012/03/19/playing-numbers

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Supporting registration is basically a membership ticket reservation deal, pegged to the date of purchase so you get the discount (if any) that applies if you do decide you'll be able to go ;)

Convention website said:
Supporting membership includes subscription to all electronic or paper updates prior to the event, but not attendance at the event. Supporting membership may be converted to full membership at any time, at the applicable rate (full or concessionary) on the initial date of purchase. Think of it as a means of reserving a place if you are not sure if you will be able to attend.
They've thought of everything! :p

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Link to the news page re the Palace hotel bookings - http://dwcon.org/news/2013/05/08/palace ... y-assigned

I don't whether it was a good thing or not that they didn't say how many rooms were available to book there - :geek: it looks like it's made people v. twitchy about getting in early and I see the memberlist is already on A600 (A membership runs from A101 numerically) but G/C1-100 are guests and the committee and that goes up to 58, so that's almost 600 people already signed up... This one's going to be pretty well supported by the looks. :)

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter