2014 DWcon Manchester - The Grand Exhibition!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Yep - I got that. :) It was just really hard to find out just what the room capacity was at the Palace - I think I saw somewhere on the convention site or the Palace's own site that there were something in the region of 3-400 bedrooms but whether that's mostly double rooms (most likely) it's certainly a much smaller hotel than the Birmingham Hilton so a rush on bookings was almost inevitable I suppose... But then there are other places you can get into of course - just that getting a room close to everything was a priority for me with my walking stick and I only booked about 6 hours into registrations from it opening on midday Monday and got tickets 375 & 376 so I'm really glad I didn't leave it any longer! :eek:

TwoShotTino

Lance-Corporal
Mar 19, 2011
Aylesbury
Haven't posted on here for a while but I would just like to say A645 :laugh:
Looks like I'm staying elsewhere this time though as funds wouldn't let me book last week. Not that I spent much timein my room last time :music-rockon:

TwoShotTino

Lance-Corporal
Mar 19, 2011
Aylesbury
I remember that from last time but not sure I can justify that much money this time. Especially as I wouldn't be in the Palace. If I'm not going to be in the same hotel then I think I should find a far cheaper option. That would free up more funds for the bar and shopping :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
:laugh: Gonna be a bit of a reunion then!

I'm going to mail Eelco this weekend to see if he wants The Dicebox again and another evening of Strangely Fascinating perhaps - it would be good to have a longer run at it this time so we're more organised ;) I'll also have the housemate along this time so I'll have a personal gopher for everything :p

Apr 29, 2009
London
Jan Van Quirm said:
:laugh: Gonna be a bit of a reunion then!

I'm going to mail Eelco this weekend to see if he wants The Dicebox again and another evening of Strangely Fascinating perhaps - it would be good to have a longer run at it this time so we're more organised ;) I'll also have the housemate along this time so I'll have a personal gopher for everything :p
Has he been advised of this? :mrgreen:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Housemate knows the deal Bouncy - and he's the one who can't be trusted with plastic in the vendors room so he needs supervising... :p

Yeah Square - all Discworld related board gaming goes on in The Dicebox plus Disc-themed Cripple Mr. Onion which is cards as we know them but with fan-art on 'em - see this topic in the Games Forum. This time around we'll have alternative deck to play with as described in Witches Abroad with an another trump card suit based on the Caroc major arcana according to Turtle Recall (with 8 x 12 card minor suits of Turtles, Elephants, Crowns, Coins, Octograms, Swords, Cups and Sceptres/Wands all with 4 court cards - an extra Lord) :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter