2014 DWcon Manchester - The Grand Exhibition!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
:eek:rcs-cheers: Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrink!!!!! :eek:rcs-cheers:

Actually that may be what I need more before the Con - I've asked Chris B and Pat if they'd like to do Strangely Fascinating again and they said yes... :shifty: Watch this space for more news after I've emailed Eelco this weekend ;)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
OK - we will have a card room of sorts again although Eelco's not too sure about number or size of the public rooms at the Palace yet so it may not be in a permanent room like last time. :dance:

Also Strangely Fascinating will run again - both Chris Boote and Pat Harkin are up for playing Fry and Davies again so I'll be trawling for question setters -vision mixers - gafferesses and best boys again in good time so we're a bit more prepared than we were last time :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
We'll miss you there mici, but as you know, more than half the work went into it before we even got to Birmingham so I'd be happy to have you on the team again with full honours like we did with WWD? ;) We may splash out a bit more with the incidental music so your musical talents may be in demand again... :p

Jan Van Quirm said:
We'll miss you there mici, but as you know, more than half the work went into it before we even got to Birmingham so I'd be happy to have you on the team again with full honours like we did with WWD? ;) We may splash out a bit more with the incidental music so your musical talents may be in demand again... :p
:laugh: Sounds good!

Apr 8, 2013
Madrid
I'd be happy to come up with some questions being a huge fan of the obvious roundworld rip off I do have their app, but I'm just a general fan of all sorts of pointless trivia, out of curiosity are the questions all dw related?

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Last time we kept it all Disc related, although like the Roundworld original we digressed into more general though still fantasy-related areas as our panel included Jacqueline Simpson, whose folklore knowledge came in very handy :p

What we tried to do was to keep within the 'theme' of the convention, which was early Discworld (CoM and LF) and Cori Celesti so that's more or less how we'll pitch it this time, so planning won't get off the ground until the committee get their feet under the Palace Hotel table and tell us a bit more about next year's theme. Possibly this will be 'new' Ankh-Morpork and may be based around Raising Steam and/or the The Watch TV series in the making, as the Palace Hotel's Victorian atmos and facades will lend itself to that theme :dance: If that's the case we'll probably confine the question format to the Watch and/or Moist books and around Ankh-Morpork in general. Once we get to actually working on questions we'll go off-forum to do that so that only the 'production team' (oh the glamour of it all! :pray: ) are privy to the hard planning ins and outs and so it's still a surprise to the other forumers who're going to the con ;) Last time this was done on Google Circles and worked out reasonably well as we had team based in Hungary, Holland, Scotland and Australia so being out of the UK isn't a prob.

User Menu

Newsletter