Ask Terry

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Re: Bill

Tonyblack said:
theboywiththethankyoucard said:
Tony Black. On the first page you asked about Rincewind's Firstname. It is bill.
Bill Rincewind is the name of the Archchancellor of Buggrup University in XXXX. As far as I know, we've never discovered Rincewind's (the Wizzard at UU) first name. :p
I always thought Rincewind WAS his first name ... Knowing his luck it's probably Rincewind Rincewind :laugh: !

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: Bill

Lady Vetinari said:
Tonyblack said:
theboywiththethankyoucard said:
Tony Black. On the first page you asked about Rincewind's Firstname. It is bill.
Bill Rincewind is the name of the Archchancellor of Buggrup University in XXXX. As far as I know, we've never discovered Rincewind's (the Wizzard at UU) first name. :p
I always thought Rincewind WAS his first name ... Knowing his luck it's probably Rincewind Rincewind :laugh: !
It may be his first name or his last name, or his only name. We just don't know. Just about everyone else has more than one name - ok, so Detritus does seem to have one, and neither does Twoflower. :laugh:

bumblebee

Mar 19, 2010
hey folks

i'm new to the forum and this is my first post
cheers to to all you pratchett fans beers all around :laugh:

being a jack vance fan i'd like to ask terry what is your
favourite jack vance book?

happy greetings from haspengouw, limburg, belgium

N1v3n

Lance-Constable
Mar 21, 2010
that London
I met him about 14 years ago at a gig he did in Salisbury. He did a talk, took questions, then did a signing after. Stunning evening.

If I met him again I'd ask how he does his research. No matter what the subject he always seems to have some inside information that you would only have, due to being an actor, in a band, opera singer etc.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I agree - I'm always amazed at how well read he is and how many references he uses. Take the phrase he uses: "Pull up a chair and call the cat a bastard" that Nanny says to Granny.

Well according to this article he seems to be referencing several other writers (although I think this site has got the wrong book as it says Nanny says that in Sourcery. :rolleyes:

jon342!

Jun 2, 2010
I dont quite know how to send a message to Mr Pratchett. However I would just like to say that his work has given me and so many people I know great pleasure over the years. I would also like to wish him and his family all the best. Jon Scarth

User Menu

Newsletter