Book Bargains.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Tonyblack said:
Not a book, but the 2009 Discworld Calendar is currently available from Amazon.uk for just over a quid!
Got it! Stuck it onto my wishlist & forgot about it, then last week I was buying a book & there it was! All mine :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Thanks Tony I may get my finger out now and register with them,been toying with the idea of getting Lawrence Watt-Evans Discworld book.

While on the subject I was having a look in a charity shop I found a 1st edition of The Wee Free Men could not resist buying it just jumped into my hand from the top shelf and would not let go,a bit like if you go into one of the lost dogs homes and they are all shouting/barking me,me,me take me so I could not leave it on it's own. :laugh: made my day a happy one. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Who's Wee Dug said:
Thanks Tony I may get my finger out now and register with them,been toying with the idea of getting Lawrence Watt-Evans Discworld book.

While on the subject I was having a look in a charity shop I found a 1st edition of The Wee Free Men could not resist buying it just jumped into my hand from the top shelf and would not let go,a bit like if you go into one of the lost dogs homes and they are all shouting/barking me,me,me take me so I could not leave it on it's own. :laugh: made my day a happy one. :laugh:
That's how I feel when I'm in charity shops and see a Pratchett book waiting to be rescued from being sent for pulping. :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for the tip, WWD! Just went & picked one up :laugh: The one I was reading before belonged to someone at work, & now I have my very own!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Tonyblack said:
Good bargain there Dug - I don't think we have a Poundland in Cardiff. :(
We do indeed - it's just opened. :laugh:

I went in there this morning and sure enough they have the Last Hero - but I suddenly thought - I have a copy, what do I really want with another? So I didn't bother. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter