Book Bargains.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I bought a collection of TP PB's & HB's from a car boot, 14 in all, 3 of the HB's I hadn't got. They all were 50p each. :laugh: You don't often see them at that price at a car boot sale, as people know how collectable they are.

I am still looking for the video of the second part of Soul Music though. The stall I bought that from only had part one. :(

Yes, I do have the DVD :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Who's Wee Dug said:
Just the other day I found Hat full of Sky and Making Money both 1st editions for 99p each in a Oxfam shop could not leave them all forlorn and unloved. :laugh:
That's very good for Oxfam. I always find the Oxfam stores in Cardiff way overpriced for books. :)

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
One of my recent Bargain was Nation for $16 USD, now you might that that that was not much of a bargain, but I saved A LOT on S&H by my own personal shopper Who's Wee Dug who brought me the book at NADWCon. Which I thought was very nice of him since it is a heavy book and was in a pick safe package. Gave him a few extra $$'s as a thank you! He is a very nice Feegle! I was suprised I still had me wallet after that transaction! :laugh:

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
This has absolutly nothing to do with discworld, but my wife keeps buying dog treats (like the awful "Bacin Bits") for our dog.

I've pointed out that actual bacon costs about half as much per pound, but she seems to think that if it's made for dogs, then they'll like it better than the real thing. :rolleyes:

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Our previous dog (Tara) once ate a whole (big) piece of cheese :eek: . Some people said that cheese isn't good for dogs but she had no problems with it (she ate everything without any problems never seen her throw up anything). Isa is a bit more sensitive to what she has eaten, but she still tries to eat almost everything, she likes fruits especially raspberries :laugh: .

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
There's a whole list of things; chocolate, onions, grapes/rasins, peanuts (any nut really), garlic (I think), orange skins, and the Irish.

It's actually a bit surprising, considering what they do eat!

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
rhodesian ridgebacks were originally bred as gaurd dogs in white africa and they basically hate coloureds, they are beautiful dogs tho and can be trained out of this, i wander if any dogs hate taxmen :laugh: as the rotty was bred up by a taxman in germany as a protection dog

User Menu

Newsletter