Book Bargains.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
ts not a book but i just bought labyrinth, the darj crystal and mirrormask in a box set for £7 in tescos :laugh: never even heard of the mirrormask but ive read the back and its by some author called neil gaimen :) so i think ill chuck it on and have a look

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
chris.ph said:
ts not a book but i just bought labyrinth, the darj crystal and mirrormask in a box set for £7 in tescos :laugh: never even heard of the mirrormask but ive read the back and its by some author called neil gaimen :) so i think ill chuck it on and have a look
Cool find! :laugh:

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I have The Dark Crystal & Labyrinth on DVD's, Chris. I love both films. David Bowie ((Swoon :laugh: )) I want a wig like his hair. :laugh:
Not heard of Mirrormask though. Please let me know what it's like?

Straw Walker

Lance-Corporal
Feb 6, 2009
Dover
www.g4mix.co.uk
There's a lovely little secondhand bookshop in Dover that was very useful recently. On my journey through the Discwold from the beginning I discovered that my collection was missing Small Gods (Shock, Horror!):eek: I knew I'd read it and couldn't believe I didn't own it. My collection is by no means classic, hardback after 'Hogfather, thanks to Him each year, the rest mainly 'pre-owned' paperback. This little shop seems to have the whole series in stock, including a few hardbacks. What I don't understand is why anyone, having read Pterry would ever want to part with one of his works. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Straw Walker said:
There's a lovely little secondhand bookshop in Dover that was very useful recently. On my journey through the Discwold from the beginning I discovered that my collection was missing Small Gods (Shock, Horror!):eek: I knew I'd read it and couldn't believe I didn't own it. My collection is by no means classic, hardback after 'Hogfather, thanks to Him each year, the rest mainly 'pre-owned' paperback. This little shop seems to have the whole series in stock, including a few hardbacks. What I don't understand is why anyone, having read Pterry would ever want to part with one of his works. :laugh:
That's what I always think on the rare occasions I see a Pterry in a charity shop. o_O

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just picked up a paperback of 'Something Rotten' by Jasper Fforde from Poundland for £1.

The Works have some Patrick O'Brien books at 3 for £5. ;)

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
There's a big Frech supermarket about an hour away and they have a small section of English books. The other day I was in there and they had a load of books reduced to 3 pounds each, so I bought "Revenge of Gaie". But what else did I see? A copy of Wintersmith for 3 pounds!

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
The local The Works still has hardback copies of The Last Hero for I think £3.99, I didn't buy one, as I have both that one & the paperback version.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I got a hardback copy of Jasper Fforde's 'First Among Sequels' from the car boot sale. I asked the guy how much it was and he said: "All hardbacks are £2" - well I thought £2 was a bit pricey, but went for it anyhow. I handed him a £2 coin and he gave me £1 change. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just got a never been played (so far as I can tell) unabridged audio book (tapes) of Feet of Clay at a charity shop for £1.95.

I just had to rescue it at that price. :laugh:

I also got a first edition hardback of Kathy Reichs' 'Devil Bones' for only £3. ;)

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter