cosplay

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
An update on the cosplay rules.

I'm planning to take a sword that I bought while traveling through Inner-Mongolia.

However, there are a few rules regarding the carrying and use of weapons at the convention.

The rules are posted right at the top of the policies page:

http://www.nadwcon.org/policies.html

Basicly, any real weapon can only be carried during the Masquerade and will have to be "peace bonded". I assume that means that it'll be taped or sealed in some manner so you can't remove it. Also, they can't be "very sharp", whatever that means.

Any fake weapons have to be demonstrated upon entering the Masquerade room.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
There was a lot of annoyed people at one of the previous DW conventions when they had a total weapons ban. There's a guy who dresses as Cohen and he has a HUGE sword. He was not at all pleased.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
kakaze said:
An update on the cosplay rules...
How, exactly, do people demonstrate that the weapons are blunt?

kakaze wrote:
An update on the cosplay rules.

I'm planning to take a sword that I bought while traveling through Inner-Mongolia.
pooh wrote:
Who are you going as?
Are you wearing a tight, sexy, short, skimpy little number?
Skimpy little numbers cannot hide swords, pooh!

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
Batty said:
kakaze said:
An update on the cosplay rules...
How, exactly, do people demonstrate that the weapons are blunt?
I guess you have to stab yourself. If you don't die, you can take it in.

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
chris.ph said:
is it me or does tina bring up spanking people at the drop of a hat :eek: :laugh: :laugh:
Same with Trish wanting to smack Tony. I think it's just the violence inherited in the US system, brought on from too much TV and food additives. :laugh:

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
poohbcarrot said:
chris.ph said:
is it me or does tina bring up spanking people at the drop of a hat :eek: :laugh: :laugh:
Same with Trish wanting to smack Tony. I think it's just the violence inherited in the US system, brought on from too much TV and food additives. :laugh:
What? You mean unlike the Japanese?

--- On second thought, I decided to remove this image ---

WARNING: the preceding images contain graphic violence and should not have been viewed by people who have been cloistered and spoon-fed happy pink thoughts by Disney.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I didn't see the pictures you posted kakaze but from Tina's reaction and the rest of your post I can guess what they might have been like.

Please remember that this is a family forum. Terry Pratchett's books appeal to all ages and therefore some of our members are quite young.

Please think before you post. That goes for all of us here.

Tony.

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Tonyblack said:
Please think before you post. That goes for all of us here.
Tony.
I have to think before I post?! :eek: Oh fiddlesticks! :laugh:

Anyway, kakaze removed them coz obviously he realised, so no harm done.

As for the other picture, whatever consenting adults do in their own home is entirely up to them! 8)

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Don't worry about it Tina, you don't have to apologise. Teasing is a very British way of life. If I had to apologise every time I teased someone I wouldn't ever get any work done or see my kids. :laugh:

You can have as many spanking thoughts as you like. :laugh:
I am quite honoured to think that someone in the US has regular spanking thoughts about me. 8) You can even have day-glo paint thoughts as well if you want :shudder: :eek: (Mind you, that's a thought to really give you bad dreams :twisted: )

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yeah the British sense of humour can seem a little strange to people who aren't used to it and I've seen it cause a lot of misunderstandings on the Internet.

I certainly know of an American friend of mine on another board who used to get very upset thinking that people were being nasty to her. I spent a lot of time on MSN trying to convince her otherwise.

:p Smilies are your friends in theses cases. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter