Discworld Convention 2012 Launched

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Also posted on the Discworld QI thread but doing it here too in case it gets missed by anyone who's going to Birmingham... :ugeek:

Jan Van Quirm said:
Just heard back from Eelco re the guests - he's not able to let us know who they are until he's got them signed up, BUT he wants to recruit some QI Elves NOW to help at the Convention so he's sure that it'll all be achievable...

...so! If you're going to the Convention do you fancy volunteering to help with getting Discworld QI set up and running?!!!!!.

We have Chris Boote and Pat Harkin on board as the 'resident' panellist and quiz master respectively and we'll be keeping to the QI format more or less so the Elves are going to be the backroom peeps helping with setting the questions and other bits and pieces.

I've asked engineeringsimon if he'll help out with a suitably arranged Discworld QI theme tune so that's one bit sorted, but there's all kinds of other things to consider like General Ignorance and the panellists buzzers - stuff like that. Could be a lot of fun :laugh:
For those who haven't heard of this we've suggested doing a Discworld version of QI at the convention and the Monks of Cool are trying to set it up as one of the evening events with 3 of the guests as panellists, so it'll be in the big auditorium and on for an hour. PM me for more info if you're going to Birmingham & would like to contribute before and during the convention. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Re:

The Mad Collector said:
Jan Van Quirm said:
MAD - do you know a good local charabanc firm who could cart us off to The Griffin one afternoon/evening there's not much on? :laugh: We'd probably need to book the pub too at this rate :twisted:
Already in hand my dear Jan, I can book a minibus for a dozen of us and that way it won't cost so much per person. I will need to go by bus anyway as:

a) I'm buggered if I'm driving there again to watch you lot drink
b) I will be staying in the hotel as I will have moved well before then
Hey MAD - you need any subs for a deposit yet? Monday evening seems like a good time for our little jaunt :dance: :mrgreen: :dance:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I wanted one and so did someone else (Sjoerd & mC :laugh: ) so there's a printable PDF Convention Timetable with live screen links to the events available for download
:dance: HERE :dance:

One thing with this document - The Pit and Dunmanifestin don't have much going on for most people, so they've been deleted where space was at a premium as they're only in use for rehearsals for the play on Monday (Eric) and as a kind of spill over/green room for the sects. Mostly where they've been cut there's nothing billed anyway ;)

User Menu

Newsletter