Discworldcon 2020

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Depends on the flights available from up here, I don't want to fly to London first that would make it to expensive to consider last check was B.A. return fare in the region of £300 -$400 for what would be £90 airfare last time I went to Cork.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
It's a little way of BUT.:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Dates announced for the Discworld Convention 2022!
In another leg of the Trousers of Time several hundred of us would have been in Birmingham next weekend to celebrate Terry's legacy once again. Sadly, in this leg it is not to be.

However we DO have a date for the rescheduled Convention: please save Friday 19 August - Monday 22 August 2022 in your diaries, again at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.

We are working on revising the website and will keep this Facebook group operating, although its name will change once the website updates are in place. The changeover will be announced by email.

We have added new Frequently Asked Questions to the website, which we hope will cover all the questions you have about membership rollovers, concessions and changes in circumstances, as many things can change in two years.

Thank you all for your support and patience.

The Discworld Convention Committee

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sigh. Yes, but it's still in Birmingham ..... so I'd have to book flights etc. just to get there for a weekender in Birmingham. :(

Is there anything worth seeing in Birmingham? If there are any Brummies here, please don't take offense! :) I'm only asking because, being an Ecksian, I've never actually been there. ;)

Nov 21, 2010
Oooh so a membership has come up on waiting list but original person I was going to go with can't so before saying yes wondered which of you lot would be going and if you are will you mind if a Spidey follows you around like a lost...well...spider?

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Oooh so a membership has come up on waiting list but original person I was going to go with can't so before saying yes wondered which of you lot would be going and if you are will you mind if a Spidey follows you around like a lost...well...spider?
Just booked my flight down to Brum for the Con, be happy to meet up with you.:mrgreen:
Plus there is one more person who comes on here occasionally from the States who is attending, and a few from the other site, Discworld Emporium.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2010
Just booked my flight down to Brum for the Con, be happy to meet up with you.:mrgreen:
Plus there is one more person who comes on here occasionally from the States who is attending, and a few from the other site, Discworld Emporium.
Yay! Shall we set up a private message group to sort out the seats?

User Menu

Newsletter