Doctor Who 2014

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
GAN said:
Watched the topic a little. Interesting, intriguing. And looking very closely like "The X-files" (as for me) which is one of my mystic-SF favourites. + anyway
Doctor Who and The X-Files have not that much in common (well, except a bit during the UNIT years, anyway). Doctor Who is, as insane as it sounds, about the adventures of an alien who travels through time and space in an obsolete time machine disguised as an equally obsolete form of telephone booth.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I've started watching the rest of the eighth series. Robot of Sherwood didn't do it for me, but Listen...it has to rank amongst the best ever Doctor Who stories. Cerebral, atmospheric...it's a damned good story.

BTW, anyone wonder what happened if you mashed up Doctor Who with Guardians of the Galaxy? Well, wonder no more...

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
First part of a Doctor Who radio adventure.

The Stuff of Nightmares, pt 1
Doctor Who, Hornets' Nest Episode 1 of 10

Kicking off a gripping five-story adventure, UNIT soldier Mike Yates is reunited with the Time Lord. Stars Tom Baker and Richard Franklin.

The Hornet's Nest - The Stuff of Nightmares Part 1
The Hornet's Nest - The Stuff of Nightmares Part 2
The Hornet's Nest - The Dead Shoes Part 3
The Hornet's Nest - The Dead Shoes Part 4
The Hornet's Nest - The Circus of Doom Part 5
The Hornet's Nest - The Circus of Doom Part 6
The Hornet's Nest - A Sting in the Tail Part 7 (good grief this is getting creepy!) o_O
The Hornet's Nest - A Sting in the Tail Part 8
The Hornet's Nest - Hive of Horror Part 9
The Hornet's Nest - Hive of Horrors Part 10 (final part)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Me too Chris, but I'm glad that they pointed out that it was like that. If they hadn't I dare say people would complain that it was an Alien rip-off. :) I also couldn't help thinking of the dromes in Wee Free Men.

User Menu

Newsletter