Doctor Who 2014

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Tonyblack said:
Erm . . . I don't have a TV, so I haven't seen any of the trailers. This was the first I knew of it.
I don't have a TV either but

was aware of the Cyberman appearance from other sources, it's been a bit tricky to avoid if you follow the Doctor threads anywhere. The re-use of imagery from the first cyberman invasion of Earth back in the 1960's was brilliant.

Very dark episode much better than I expected but like Jack

I was expecting The Rani

actually quite disappointed that it wasn't, it would have been yet another link to the series history. Of course bearing in mind this is Moffat at his most convoluted it may yet be.....

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
It is too early to speak for the finale, but for me this season hasn't been particularly low on re-watchable episodes that I've really enjoyed compared to other seasons. I think it has definitely improved towards the end.

Apr 29, 2009
London
I thought the bit about
the dead screaming "don't cremate me"
was a little disturbing, but am interested to see how Moffat sorts it all out.

There's a guy on BBC POV boards who won't have a thing bad said against the show, and is incredibly arrogant and rude to people who have differing opinions to him.

I believe it was Mirandashell who told him that he'd watch a pile of elephant poo if Moffat sculpted it!

I said on POV:

I'm watching because I've loved DW since I was a kid (Pertwee era), but I'm really not feeling the love for this series.

I'll still continue to watch (coz, let's face it - there's buggre all else on!), but it pains me to say, that I'm not particularly enjoying it.
He replied:

That's OK. I'm enjoying it, and so are most of my friends and family. I don't much care if anyone else is, though I still think the majority are. It's always the minority who dislike things who are the most keen to make themselves heard.

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
I think this is an issue where there isn't an absolute right or wrong. Lots of people thought it was good for various reasons, and lots of people thought it was crap for other reasons. I don't think anybody's stupid for feeling either way.

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
I think in some ways it's been a better series than the last one or two, "The Day of the Doctor" being ignored as not part of a season. Some episodes have been a bit silly, but they've been stylish and have had underlying serious themes, regardless. And it's not as though silly is a new thing on the show. Anyone seen "The Web Planet" lately?

I'm just wondering why the Doctor hasn't been actively trying to seek out Gallifrey's location? After all, it was made a big point in Night of the Doctor that Gallifrey hadn't been destroyed, it was locked away, and then they magically gave Matt Smith a stack more regenerations, but as soon as he turned into Peter Capaldi, the quest to find Gallifrey totally slipped his mind and it's just off on more adventures with Clara...

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
Maybe he doesn't know where to look. Or it genuinely has slipped his mind. He seems to have forgotten a lot in his new body. How to fly the TARDIS, although that came back pretty quickly... which one is Clara and which the short bald one in space armour... the clockwork androids... the Cybermen... the ability to spot not only a Time Lord, but which Time Lord, even after a regeneration... The list goes on.

User Menu

Newsletter