Doctor Who 2014

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
Just finished watching on time delay. My decision about how much I liked it is still brewing.

One thing though, I spent ten minutes genuinely thinking Missy was the Rani because I mentioned that it was a possibility, and my Mum who had finished watching it misheard me and said "Yes!". :laugh: So the reveal was a surprise to me despite having had the correct character as my prime suspect for ages. :laugh:

Jan 23, 2014
I didn't watch it cos I stopped watching it 3 weeks ago but
I saw on other forums that Moffat had consciousness in bodies about to be cremated? Is that right? Cos if so, that's a bit sick.

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
mirandashell said:
I saw on other forums that Moffat had consciousness in bodies about to be cremated? Is that right? Cos if so, that's a bit sick.
I don't think so, not exactly. My understanding was that this
was a trick by the villains of the story...

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
Jack Remillard said:
mirandashell said:
I don't think so, not exactly. My understanding was that this
was a trick by the villains of the story...
That was my understanding too.
The Nethersphere contains, we were told, the consciousnesses of dying humans. We were also told that it's Time Lord technology. It must, therefore, be based on the same idea as the Matrix on Gallifrey, presumably harvesting these remnants of people by use of an Amplified Panatropic Computations net, as on Gallifrey.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I had to chuckle that the National Museum of Wales was given yet another role in this. :laugh:

But I was somewhat annoyed that, when I opened the BBC iPlayer to watch the show, there was a MAJOR spoiler on the title page. :naughty:

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
In all fairness, Auntie Beeb has been pushing that image since around the start of the season. I think they assumed by now that everyone knows that the finale involves
Cybermen outside St Paul's Cathedral. The big surprise was the identity of Missy, even though many fans put that particular two and two together to make that specific four immediately after seeing her in "Deep Breath". I didn't, in part because I thought it was a bit obvious for Steven Moffat, who likes to play games with us.
And I see that whilst I was typing this, someone made the same point more succinctly.

User Menu

Newsletter