Doctor Who - New Series First Trailer

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
I think the nurse is River. We got another look at her in yesterday's episode and, although it was a brief glance, it looked like her. o_O
Tonyblack said:
Here's a screenshot of that mysterious woman. It looks like River to me. :laugh:

Why, then, are they played by a different actress? The woman is played by Frances Barber, not Alex Kingston...

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
You're right - how odd, I think she looks very much like River.

IMDB says the following:

Doctor Who (TV series)
Eyepatch lady / Kovarian / Lady Kovarian
– Episode #6.8 (2011) … Lady Kovarian

– A Good Man Goes to War (2011) … Kovarian

– Day of the Moon (2011) … Eyepatch lady

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
ramtopsman said:
Wasnt really that impressed by this weeks episode but next week TIME LORDS THE OOD A DESOLATE PLANET

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :laugh:
Aren't you forgetting something? It's written by Neil Gaiman! :)

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
That pirate episode was pretty bad. Clichéd writing, internal logic that didn't work... at least it had some good laughs, but it didn't do anything else for me.

High hopes for next week!

Star Trek also explained the humanoid appearance of almost all aliens encountered: the 'first' alien civilization existed in the galaxy alone, thousands of lonely years before any of the others developed. As such, they spread their genetic material to other planets, in the hopes of creating a rich ecosystem of Humanoids who could fulfill the joys of finding and integrating with alien cultures that these first beings never had.

It's a question of money, of course. Man in costume with clay on his face = cheap. Convincable CGI or rubber suit or teaching a rhino to act = expensive.

Sep 25, 2010
Australia
Willem said:
It's a question of money, of course. Man in costume with clay on his face = cheap. Convincable CGI or rubber suit or teaching a rhino to act = expensive.
Yes, Tony will be able to tell me the Start trek TOG episode where there was an alien who had to wear a great deal of blue body paint. I have vague memories of there being some story about there being problems with the filters or something and the director kept sending the actress back saying, no MORE blue.

OMGoodness, how could I have forgotten the Krynoid? But don't you hanker for non-anthropoids? And to be fair, the alien species in the Ark in Space did spend a lot of time on a person, giving an anthropmorhic impression.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
pandasthumb said:
OMGoodness, how could I have forgotten the Krynoid? But don't you hanker for non-anthropoids? And to be fair, the alien species in the Ark in Space did spend a lot of time on a person, giving an anthropmorhic impression.
So did the Krynoid, but the end result was decidedly non-humanoid. With the Wiirn, you had something like a giant wasp, and the Krynoid looked like the thing at the end of The Quatermass Experiment.

I dunno whether I hanker for non-anthropoids. Rather, I like aliens that are relatively original. The Weeping Angels, the Midnight Creature, the Mara...the Raston Warrior Robot...regardless of whether they are humanoid or not, it's how much of an impact they make.

Speaking of the Raston Warrior Robot...

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
:eek: :eek: :eek: Q knows SOOOOOOOOO much!

Nah! I don't think the woman in the hatch looks like Rivers.

OOOOOOOD!!!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

We shall request the making of more OOD eatables for the viewing of that episode :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tomorrow night here in Australia, The Curse of the Black Spot, and in the UK, you lucky sods get to watch Neil Gaiman's episode, The Doctor's Wife!

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
The Mad Collector said:
Never mind, you'll get it next week ;)
I can't wait that long! Must have it! Must have it! Must have it! Must have it! Must have it! Must have it! Must have it! Must have it! :eek:

User Menu

Newsletter