Doctor Who - New Series First Trailer

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Who's Wee Dug said:
Quatermass said:
Tomorrow night here in Australia, The Curse of the Black Spot, and in the UK, you lucky sods get to watch Neil Gaiman's episode, The Doctor's Wife!
You do get to see the delectable Lily Cole in it.
:laugh:
Yeah, but it was a pretty average episode, in the event. The Curse of the Black Spot was pretty meh, compared to the last two. But I'm eagerly anticipating the next one, The Doctor's Wife. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I thought that yesterday's episode was pants. Although I have to admit that I fell asleep during it - mainly because it was so dull. I can't believe they've made a two-parter out of it. :rolleyes:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
author3 said:
I know last nights episode was extremely boring
I generally think Matt Smith and Stephen Moffat are ruining it
like with Sylvester McCoy
Actually, Sylvester McCoy's last two seasons could have saved the classic series. There are four very excellent reasons why: Remembrance of the Daleks, The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, The Curse of Fenric and Ghost Light. And the other shows of those seasons weren't too bad either.

And while I agree that the first Moffat/Smith season came close to derailing the series, on the strength of the episodes I have seen so far, I'm actually willing to say that they're improving in this season. Okay, Curse of the Black Spot was not as good as it could have been (very average story that one), but The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon was a gripping two-parter, and The Doctor's Wife was sheer concentrated brilliance. And really, the last season really only had five or six episodes that I really enjoyed, so with three out of four so far, it's looking good regardless...

As for the merits of The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People, well, I'm going to wait and see for myself.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
My mother really liked 'Curse of the Black Spot' and 'The Rebel Flesh' so I suspect that they are balancing the series quite well. Those of us that are keen fans are enjoying the more 'challenging' episodes but they are also hanging onto other people who aren't fans but just enjoy a story no matter how silly we may think it is.

User Menu

Newsletter