Favourite character?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
raisindot said:
Moist von Lipwig said:
Ok, enough with this. I AM a boy. Back to discussion. :laugh:
Okay, if this is true confessions time, I confess I'm really not a Yank or from Boston. I'm from Tunbridge Wells, support the Foresters Football Club, went to Bromstone and work as an orderly at Kent & Sussex Hospital. I've never been to Boston or the States but I have a cousin who lives in Brookline, which is in Boston, and I love American TV shows, particularly "The Simpsons" and "24." I just made this whole Boston thing up as a lark. I don't know anything about American humor. I just stole it all from Wikipedia. The only American authors I like are Tom Clancy and Janet Evanovich.

My name isn't even Jeff--it's Geoff.

Phew. Glad to have that weight off my chest. :)

Oh, and Sam Vimes and Granny Weatherwax are my favorite DW characters.

Geoff in TW
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't believe you! It's just your whacky American sense of humor.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
poohcarrot said:
Don't believe you! It's just your whacky American sense of humor.
Wow, Pooh! One archaic and one Americanized word spelling in one one sentence! You truly are an internationalist! Or all that sushi is doing something to your brain... :)

Geoff in TW

Zephyr

Lance-Corporal
Aug 29, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I love Detritus. He's such a fantastic character, but the Watch books are my favorites.

After that, hard to say. I do really like Igors and vampires a lot, especially Otto Chriek. So probably Detritus, then Otto.

But the witches are great too...and you can't have witches without Nac Mac Feegles....I loves me some Feegles.... :laugh:

Albert_Spangler

Lance-Constable
Feb 5, 2010
Unknown
No surprise really when you look at my username, but my favourite is Moist, but I also really like all of the charcters from Monstrous(sp?) Regiment. The only character I don't really like in Rincewind, well not so much the character, more the books he is in, for instance I barely finished the last continent. I just did not like it. Other than that I like all of the other characters

Feb 27, 2010
My favourite character is probably Death. When I first started reading Discworld I used to flick through the books in the shops to see if Death was in them before buying them.
I also like Vetinari, Moist and Mustrum Ridcully.

User Menu

Newsletter