Favourite character?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
After finally ‘’listening’’ to some Discworld books my favourite character is Death. Over the next few months this list will probably be added to but I can’t see the ever cheerful Death being replaced.

Death, cos he's so droll; Rincewind, cos he's just - Rincewind; all the Nac mac Feegle, I just love a real drag out fight, and loads of whisky for afters; Greebo, cos he's such an anarchist; the Librarian, as I love books; oh, all of them actually!

Moist von Lipwig

Lance-Constable
Jan 21, 2010
Ankh-Morpork
I have three beloved characters that make my life. First is Jonathan Teatime and always be the first for his insanity. Moist von Lipwig and Vetinari are second. As you see, I chose Moist as my alter ego (not only on this site) and Vetinari...just perfect...

Jan 1, 2010
Moist von Lipwig said:
I have three beloved characters that make my life. First is Jonathan Teatime and always be the first for his insanity. Moist von Lipwig and Vetinari are second. As you see, I chose Moist as my alter ego (not only on this site) and Vetinari...just perfect...
Should we worry about Moist do you think - he's got an insane psychopath, a petty crook and a very devious manipulator as his favourite characters - I suggest everyone is VERY polite to him :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Doughnut Jimmy said:
Should we worry about Moist do you think - he's got an insane psychopath, a petty crook and a very devious manipulator as his favourite characters - I suggest everyone is VERY polite to him :laugh:
Oh b*gger! On another thread I've just advised him to dump his girlfriend and said I fancied his mother. :oops:

poohcarrot said:
Hi and welcome Moist

What you should do is dump your girlfiend and find a new one with a better sense of humour.

I like the sound of your mother though.

Jan 1, 2010
I am shocked, shocked to hear such sentiments from you Pooh! :eek:

Still I expect it will take some time for vengance to reach you in Japan, you might have whole months left of life ...

Moist von Lipwig

Lance-Constable
Jan 21, 2010
Ankh-Morpork
Mr. Teatime? Do you have any chance to bring yourself to me right now? Yes, I told you are my favourite character. No I won't kiss you. Some of them call me a girl. What? I am a girl?

Shut up... :(

Apr 27, 2009
Atop a mountain in Cumbria
Favourite main characters - going to have to do a top 10

1. Granny
2. Nanny
3. Vetinari
4. Lu Tze
5. Death
6. Vimes
7. Susan
8. Nobby
9. CArrot
10. Angua

Favourite background characters

1. Sybil
2. Verence
3. Dibbler
4. Leonard of Quirm
5. Lady Margolotta
6. Ronnie Soak
7. War
8 Famine
9. Shawn Ogg
10. Jason Ogg

I hate the who is your favourite character threads - I always miss out someone really good and then think it reflects badly on me (paranoid and shallow!)

ho hum
Perdita X

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Moist von Lipwig said:
Ok, enough with this. I AM a boy. Back to discussion. :laugh:
Okay, if this is true confessions time, I confess I'm really not a Yank or from Boston. I'm from Tunbridge Wells, support the Foresters Football Club, went to Bromstone and work as an orderly at Kent & Sussex Hospital. I've never been to Boston or the States but I have a cousin who lives in Brookline, which is in Boston, and I love American TV shows, particularly "The Simpsons" and "24." I just made this whole Boston thing up as a lark. I don't know anything about American humor. I just stole it all from Wikipedia. The only American authors I like are Tom Clancy and Janet Evanovich.

My name isn't even Jeff--it's Geoff.

Phew. Glad to have that weight off my chest. :)

Oh, and Sam Vimes and Granny Weatherwax are my favorite DW characters.

Geoff in TW

User Menu

Newsletter