Favourite character?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

MarkF

Apr 22, 2010
Hrmmmm. Tricky.

Like so many others, picking one is virtually impossible. It also changes quite a bit. My first read of 'Monstrous Regiment' I didn't enjoy so much but now I think Jackrum, Polly and Blouse are very good characters.

Characters I always enjoy; Nanny Ogg, Gaspode, Death, Foul Ole Ron, Vetinari... sheesh, it is impossible.

I loved 'Going Postal' and 'Making Money', they seemed fully formed right from the off. Moist is a great character, very dynamic.

From my first book, CMOT Dibbler was very memorable but having just encountered recently his cousin DMH Dibballah it makes it very confusing... :)

Jun 3, 2010
Birmingham, AL, USA
I have not read as many as some of you have, (Only read from The Colour of Magic up to Wyrd Sisters, and my first book which was Hogfather.) My favorite character has to be Rincewind. I loved his character in the first two books. I look forward to each book I read now, (Reading them in order), to a Rincewind book.
I love DEATH as well. I think it's one of the best characters ever written. (How genius to have DEATH tell the other 3 horsemen that they were not going to be getting a ride from him. :) )

Just joined here, so I hope no one minds me answering.

Many moons ago, Rincewind was my favourite. Just for the line, "I don't mind falling, it's hitting the ground I don't like". These days it's impossible to pick one. Whenever I try, I get a mental picture of all the rest looking sad, hurt, and betrayed while mentally hearing mutters of," We made you laugh", or "You liked it when I did that", and worst of all the mental image of Granny Weatherwax squinting her eyes at me, and nodding once before walking off smiling. *shudder*

All I can say then, they're all brilliant. Even Mr Clete.

User Menu

Newsletter