SPOILERS Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Lady Vetinari said:
Sean Bean as Vimes ... mmmmmmmmmmm .... sorry ... would be wonderful though ... Jan what do you think?
IMO Sean could do any of the 'macho' roles VERY well but he needs to be cast wearing as little as possible :twisted:

Sooo... ideally Hrun the Barbarian or a youngish Cohen - that's possibly a better choice as he could then play him indefinitely :laugh: :p

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Sean was very sweaty in most of FotR though - :p it suited him much more that Viggo anyway as it just like Aragorn had forgotten to pack any shampoo (should have borrowed from Legolas but that's Rangers for you :twisted: )

Hmm - yeah Sean could do human Greebo pretty well I guess, he certainly know how to handle sharp(e) weapons :laugh: 8)

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
chuckie said:
Been watching Scrubs lately. Neil Flynn who plays the janitor could make a good Vimes.(would add a photo if i knew how)
Have you got photobucket? I usually upload pictures on my photobucket account, where you can get a link code to show pictures on any fourum you like. The code looks like this:

Or ask Tony, because I'm very,very,very bad at explaining

chuckie

Lance-Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
Corby
Thanks Dotsie,I really ought to learn how to do that myself.
kladivo, i don't know if you've watched Neil Flynn in anything, I've only seen him in Scrubs, but he is a very good actor and i feel he could play Vimes without the "goofy smile". However, Neil Flynn is rather a large man so he might not be the best choice to play Vimes who lurks in dark doorways.

Kladivo

Lance-Corporal
Nov 4, 2009
Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire
As I said, he reminds me of a Vimes' image created by Paul Kidby and although I much prefer his visions to Kirby's I strongly disagree with this one. He should look older than he is, worn out, smoking fags like a builder. Not that young and hopeful looking skinny kind of chap. And please, don't let him wear those stupid sandals! Who'd wear romanesque sandals in the mud of the Shades?!?

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Kladivo said:
As I said, he reminds me of a Vimes' image created by Paul Kidby and although I much prefer his visions to Kirby's I strongly disagree with this one. He should look older than he is, worn out, smoking fags like a builder. Not that young and hopeful looking skinny kind of chap. And please, don't let him wear those stupid sandals! Who'd wear romanesque sandals in the mud of the Shades?!?
But Terry says he wears sandals in the summer. And smoking fags like a builder? I don't think so! Vimes is a cigar smoker, which isn't really the same thing (although of all the builders I know, none of them smoke anyway).

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
Dotsie said:
Kladivo said:
But Terry says he wears sandals in the summer. And smoking fags like a builder? I don't think so! Vimes is a cigar smoker, which isn't really the same thing (although of all the builders I know, none of them smoke anyway).
im a builder and i have the occasional rollie and the very occasional cigar :laugh:

Actually Alan's own origins is similar to Vimes... ordinary upbringing not much money ... so he could bring a great realism to Vimes. Besides I've ALWAYS wanted to see Alan play someone happily married with a child and a genuine nice guy - so I'd rather him play Vimes.

Besides ... now he is a bit too fat for Vetinari - I think Jason Isaacs would be better for Vetinari.

User Menu

Newsletter