SPOILERS Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Kladivo

Lance-Corporal
Nov 4, 2009
Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire
Sjoerd3000 said:
Alan Rickman would be better as Vetinari :laugh:
Nah... There needs to be something so inhumane about him that almost inhuman. And skinny. Vetinari definitely is skinny. I know it's oldskul, but Christopher Lambert's got good eyes for Vetinari. Isaacs's good but only works with snow white hair :p

What about Peter Weller? He's right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

David Bowie o_O:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Kladivo said:
What about Peter Weller? He's the right age now. Agent Smith of Rivendell?

David Bowie o_O:
I think you mean Hugo Weaving don't you Kladivo? He was Agent Smith and Elrond (believe me I know this as my main writing partner is totally nuts about him :laugh: ) He's certainly excellent in political assassin roles (V for Vendetta) so it's a good match but I'm not absolutely certain if he's physically right as I think he's not too tall :twisted:

David Bowie - tempting but he's too quirky I think. Maybe for the Horned Man? Although again there I'm seeing Tim Curry as he loves the ham (Legend remember?) :laugh:

Dandelion

Lance-Constable
Nov 19, 2009
Germany
I have to admit, that ever since I've seen Blackadder II, I imagined Vetinari to bear an awful resemblance to how Rowan Atkinson looked in that role.

And Stephen Fry - Lord Melchett in Blackadder II - would be my Archchancellor Ridcully.

If there ever has to be done a casting for Nanny Ogg one shouldn't need to look further than to Patsy Byrne - Nursie in Blackadder II.

I also deem the humor in Blackadder II (especially the first szenes..) quite... Pterryesque...

"So young man, you got yourself a job.. what do they call You?" - "Kate." - "Kate? Isn't that a bit of a.. girls name?" - "Oh.. it's uhm.. short for... Bob"

Zee Zee

Jan 25, 2010
Walsall
Carrot

Suddenly realised I had seen Carrot on TV last night, or the actor that could play him, reasonably well known in the U.S. & Canada but not not so much here. The Canadian Actor Micheal Shanks who is best know as Dr. Danial Jackson in the Series Stargate SG1. quite a versatile Actor who although tends to play academics and nerds is tall and built like a brick youknowhat house. Veternari I would really want Alan Rickman. For Vimes, Colon & Nobby you could not go far wrong with the e characters from Life on Mars Gene Hunt (Phillip Glenister0 ,his 2 sidekicks Ray(Dean Andrews) and Chirs (Marshall Lancaster)

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter