One Book Recommendation

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 31, 2008
Japan
In this thread you have to recommend one book only for everyone to read.

I recommend "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

ANYONE WHO RECOMMENDS MORE THAN ONE IS A TWIT! :twisted:

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Jan Van Quirm said:
I don't really need to post this so I'll just tell you why - it simply and truly saved my life :)
I assume you're talking about LOTR.
Were you carrying it when someone fired an arrow at you, which luckilly hit the book and the thickness of the book saved your life? :laugh:

MattK

Lance-Corporal
Jul 2, 2009
Lancaster, PA
blog.mattkeen.com
Dotsie said:
Whit by Iain Banks.

I've read yours pooh, are you going to read mine? :p
Was that made into a movie? We had to watch a movie called Whit in my Philosophy of Death class a few years back.

My recommendation (way too many I want to recommend): The Death of Ivan Ilych - Leo Tolstoy

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
MattK said:
Was that made into a movie? We had to watch a movie called Whit in my Philosophy of Death class a few years back.
o_O Don't think so. Wouldn't have been much use in that class, I shouldn't think.

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
Garfield. :laugh:

No, no I'm jus joking! Forget what I said, I didn't say anything...

I recommend "The Birthing House". Gives you the shivers, that book and it's full of scary moments and an incredible climax. (Gotta read more. What happens next? Gotta read MORE!) I'll give you the author's name, when I find the book again... If I find the book again.

Jul 26, 2008
shoould really say on of terrys but everyone here alreadys reads them so theres no point really :) anyway i digress lol, i recomend and very highly, if u can get it as its very hard to get hold of.
In the shadow of the rainbow by Robert franklin leslie

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Well I'll already recommended American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov and The People's Act of Love by James Meek in another thread :laugh: . So the one book I will recommend here is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón ;)

User Menu

Newsletter