The "I shall wear midnight" thread

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

joemcf

Constable
Apr 12, 2010
Bothwell, Scotland
Jan Van Quirm said:
Aww! But it matched Mel's eyes so nicely (after make up had fixed all the red from the previous night's single malt binge-drinking sesh) :laugh:

Actually wasn't it because they were Glasgow Rangers supporters? :twisted:
If William Wallace supported Rangers then i'm gonna stop liking him. That there is a perfect example of Rangers/Celtic rivalry. Its pretty strong where i live. Example: In Larkhall, Near glasgow, the traffic lights have a blue light instead of green because they are so against celtic. Crazy, eh?

N1v3n

Lance-Constable
Mar 21, 2010
that London
will Tiffany become Sir Terry's Harry Potter?
With each book she gets older and is growing up, so her life could be documented.
Or will she be like Susan, making a return several years older?

fords

Constable
Jun 23, 2010
East Lothian, Scotland
Me too :laugh: I lived in Swansea when the 1999 RWC was on. It was such an amazing experience to be in the heart of a rugby nation (I supported Wales as well as Scotland ofc) and I even got to meet the Samoan rugby team.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
According to the Discworld Monthly (perhaps Jason can confirm this) the book is being released on August 23rd in the UK and August 28th in the US.

Other sites, including the Transworld site, are saying September 2nd.

Anyhow - I'm looking forward to this one as I've enjoyed the Tiffany books and the storyline of this one sounds really good. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Jason said:
I don't know where I found that information now. I think I got the US date off the back of the proof.

Maybe I made the 23rd August up. Will have to have a look around tonight to see where I got that from!
As I got Hat Full of Sky about two weeks early (due to a cock-up in Tesco) you may be right anyhow. ;)

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
:laugh: I can not wait for the next Tiff book I am huge fan of this serise of book and it will be going on christmas or birthday list, as I only collect paper back sady no room for hard back :( so i just have to wait and keep looing out for the paer back :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and in the mean time not read any revwies about. Sorry I ahve not been on for whilebut have head my head stuck in Making Moneyand im now over half way through unseen Academicals, al so been enjoying the lovely sunshine I will be on lot more when its not as nice to sit outside love to u all :laugh: :eek: :laugh:

Pre-ordering today!

Wow! first post ever for me, I conquered reading now I'm tackling the tinter web! Soon the world will be my crustacean or mollusc... Anyway the reason fir my post is to say I reserved my copy of "and I shall wear midnight" how happy am I?! That's right as happy as a dog with two... Tails! Now just need to sort me an avatar!

User Menu

Newsletter