Unseen Academicals

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Batty said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
Jason said:
We've discussed the book and I still feel no desire to marry Tony. So hopefully all is well.
Well you would not want Tony to commit bigamy now would you.
Isn't Big Amy the poor woman that has been committed to the Attic? ... or is that still a secret???
Isn't Big Amy the trucker in Pee Wee's Big Adventure?

In the beginning... it started out as a Celebration of Women. Sarah McClaughlin, Sheryl Crow, The Indigo Girls, and the Dixie Chicks traveled around for a couple of years doing sort of mass concerts, it wound up being more of a lesbian movement and I took my poor 14 year old son and lil baby sister to the last season of it.

It was horrible, there were food lines that took 1 1/2 hours to get through and not enough bathrooms or porta-potties, I did not realize that the four BIG WIMMEN off to the side of the line about 10 feet away (in flannel and comfortable shoes) were in line and almost got the crap beaten out of me when nobody advanced and I almost entered the potty.

It was 'Orrible... by the time we arrived and drove past the EXTREMELY GRAPHIC Abortion protesters, of which there were about 100 with really disgusting LARGE Posters, (had to stop meself from running them all down with my Great Big Quad Cab 4x4 '98 Dodge Ram Pickup... bunch of ignorant sods... if you cannot trust me with a CHOICE, why would you trust me with a child???) stood in the food line for 1 1/2 hours (in which a riot almost took place) and finally got in, we had missed the Dixie Chicks completely.

Then, there was a group of 5 idiots, mixed male and female, extremely P*ssed right in front of us, and they were the ONLY people standing AND Swaying back and forth, through Sarah McClaughlin's part of the show. I finally started pelting them with Ice just to keep from KILLING them. As you can no doubt tell, the entire experience was NOT one of my favorite concert experiences.

Mutters to self * mustn't nurse that deep rooted desire to weed out the ones that Natural Selection missed dearie. Here, have a biscuit and relax now *

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sjoerd3000 said:
For some reason Unseen Academicals is already for sale in the Netherlands :laugh: Had a look in my local bookstore and it was for sale already so I brought one home with me :laugh:
Congratulations! :laugh:

Of course they may have made a mistake. I got Hat Full of Sky a few weeks early because Tesco made a mistake. ;)

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Tonyblack said:
Sjoerd3000 said:
For some reason Unseen Academicals is already for sale in the Netherlands :laugh: Had a look in my local bookstore and it was for sale already so I brought one home with me :laugh:
Congratulations! :laugh:

Of course they may have made a mistake. I got Hat Full of Sky a few weeks early because Tesco made a mistake. ;)
Thanks :laugh: That occured to me too and there where only 2 books lying in a not so usual spot for a book that has just come out so it could be a mistake. Still I got the book 8)

cols

Lance-Corporal
Nov 5, 2008
ireland
poohcarrot said:
I ordered a signed copy from PJSM prints and today I got an email saying it's been despatched, so I might receive it before the release date. 8)
I ordered my signed copy from PJSM last week and got an order confirmation no dispatch info so I don't know how you managed that pooh but well done :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter