What are you reading?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
Birmingham
This week i will be mostly reading Nation. Just finished Sovereign by C.J Samson which was better than i thought it was going to be.

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
Done Nation,will not pick it up for at least a couple of months.it's quite brilliant.If anyone hasn't gone to the homepage yet please do and check out the Frank Boyce review.

By the way Tony I bought a Cornwell from a charity shop today I noticed a few books by Patricia Cornwell do you know if she's Bernards significant other.Just curious.

There is a book I would love to reread called The Stainless Steel Rat.I read it many years ago,when dinosaurs still walked the Earth,I can't remember much of the story or indeed the author,but at the time it did leave quite an impression.Anybody help?

Jul 26, 2008
The only book i know with a title The stainless steel rat was by Harry Harrison but i cant remember dinosaurs in it, it was a sci fi book, and i loved the whole series.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
silverstreak said:
Done Nation,will not pick it up for at least a couple of months.it's quite brilliant.If anyone hasn't gone to the homepage yet please do and check out the Frank Boyce review.

By the way Tony I bought a Cornwell from a charity shop today I noticed a few books by Patricia Cornwell do you know if she's Bernards significant other.Just curious.

There is a book I would love to reread called The Stainless Steel Rat.I read it many years ago,when dinosaurs still walked the Earth,I can't remember much of the story or indeed the author,but at the time it did leave quite an impression.Anybody help?
I agree about Nation! I've just reread Making Money and wasn't so impressed I'm afraid. I usually like the books even more on the second reading, but not in this case.

Which Cornwell did you get silverstreak? You'll probably enjoy it whatever - but beware, there are some series and they need to be read in order. If it's a Sharpe book, then that's not necessary.

As for Patricia Cornwell - I've had several people badgering me to read her books as they were sure I'd like them. I read two and hated them! A much better writer of that type of fiction is Kathy Reichs - she really is a forensic anthropologist and still works at that while writing the books. She's a hundred times better than Patricia Cornwell in my opinion.

Stainless Steel Rat is a series by Harry Harrison I believe. I haven't read them, but have heard real good things about them.

And my current read is Post Captain, the second in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books by Patrick O'Brien. I got most of the series of these from a charity shop. they were being sold at 80p each and there was a buy one get one free offer. Whoever had donated them obviously hadn't read them as they are in perfect condition. O'Brien isn't the easiest of writers to read - he tends to get carried away with nautical terms and going into great detail about sails and ropes, but the books are very good if you stick with them and even quite funny in places.

Glod

Sep 8, 2008
North Yorkshire
Currently re-reading all the discworld books and now on Maskerade, the only book I've managed to get to a signing session for so far; love the little stamp of Death.
Then I'll be moving onto the No.1 Ladies detective agency books. Before re-reading all the Terry Goodkind books in preparation for the last book in the series. Followed by all the Robert Jordan (wheel of time) books before the final book in that series comes out.
I've got it all planned :laugh:

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
Still reading Nation and finding it hard going.
2/3 of the way through...I will normallt read a book first page to last in one go if possible (ie left alone long enought to do this!) but finding it hard getting into the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter