What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Today, my friend & I saw in 3D Ice Age 4, Continental Shift. A good film, I thought as good as the three before, imaginative plot, good casting, well animated & new characters introduced with the original ones.
We had a great time, despite the little darlings in front of us, one directly in front of me who kept peering around the seat she was sitting in. Previously she had been sitting on the back of the one in front of her. Charming child!!!!!! :angry-nono: :eusa-whistle: :angelic-halofell: She did sit properly when the film started, but Oh! the mess the Family left behind when the film finished. :eek: :naughty:

Tiffany said:
Today, my friend & I saw in 3D Ice Age 4, Continental Shift. A good film, I thought as good as the three before, imaginative plot, good casting, well animated & new characters introduced with the original ones.
We had a great time, despite the little darlings in front of us, one directly in front of me who kept peering around the seat she was sitting in. Previously she had been sitting on the back of the one in front of her. Charming child!!!!!! :angry-nono: :eusa-whistle: :angelic-halofell: She did sit properly when the film started, but Oh! the mess the Family left behind when the film finished. :eek: :naughty:
I really enjoyed that one, too! :laugh: They're getting better and better...

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Saw Brave today, so funny the first 15 to 20 minutes I was chuckling and laughting all the way through, a pixar film with real Scottish accents in it (not a Brigadoon within earshot :laugh: ) Och it wis a braw film so it wis. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :mrgreen:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Watched Mirror Mirror a couple of nights ago. Thought it was cute! It did help that we found out it was a family friendly movie, so were able to adjust our expectations. It seemed really familiar though, like I'd seen it before.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I always thought "Snow White: a Tale of Terror" was a seriously underrated version. Sigourney Weaver was brilliant in it.

Nov 25, 2010
London UK
www.youtube.com
I've found and watched all 14 of the Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce Sherlock Holmes movies and I enjoyed every one. Rathbone is just brilliant as Holmes and while Bruce's Watson is a bit far from Doyle's he plays such a lovable buffoon that you can't dislike him: it'd be like kicking a puppy. The first two were set in late Victorian times but in the third they updated him into the forties. I was suprised that only 3 of the films had heavy handed wartime propaganda, because that was most of what I remembered, but the rest were regular crime mysteries with some action/adventure and a dash of deadly peril.

you can download that one legit (as far as I know) from this page:

http://archive.org/details/secret_weapon

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Definitely not confusing it with the Disney version! :laugh: Haven't seen The Huntsman yet, so it can't be that. Never knew there was a TV series! Dotsie, I think the movie you mentioned is available through Netflix streaming. I'll definitely give it a try.

Nov 25, 2010
London UK
www.youtube.com
Just watched the latest episode of True Blood. Not enjoying this season much, seems a bit bitty - too many stories going on that don't really intersect with each other.

just about to start on the new seasons of Warehouse 13 and Falling Skies, which I had thought had been cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter