What have you seen recently?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
MongoGutman said:
spideyGirl said:
And then, inbetween one of the acts, this guy who was sat at the front, got out a really thick book, and started reading it until the next act came on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him for doing it, it just seemed really strange thing to do in a busy lively pub. o_O

If you're there on your own a busy lively pub can be both lonely and boring. While there's an act on you can give your attention to the performance, but between acts all you can do is drink and watch other people having a good time with their friends, which is rather depressing, when you haven't got any of your own there. A book can occupy your mind and stop you brooding.
Back in my drinking days, I would often take my new book into a pub (where I didn't know anyone) and sit in a corner for a long read over a good pint and cigarette without being interrupted by the phone, callers at the door, or basically anyone else for that matter. :laugh:

(If libraries served beer, I would probably have gone there instead.)

ramtopsman

Lance-Corporal
Aug 19, 2010
manchester
www.youtube.com
Just watched monsters it was awesome ¬.¬ (NOT)

Don't watch this film its about a guy and girl traveling across Mexico and having to avoid aliens (SOUNDS GOOD DOESN'T IT) Except for the part where you only see 5 aliens throughout the entire scene and all the way through the film your thinking Yeah its gonna pick up just wait and see. Then its comes with the most Boring endings i have seen in a film for a long time

ALL IN ALL that 2 hours of my life i will never get back THANKS ALOT MONSTERS ¬.¬

ramtopsman

Lance-Corporal
Aug 19, 2010
manchester
www.youtube.com
Last night i watched THE HANGOVER PART II

By the way if your not a Hangover fan then no problem

Well what can i say for this film (For the most part it made me chuckle) But on the other hand if you have seen the 1st one you have practically seen the 2nd

Replace Baby with (Monkey)
Replace Tooth with (Tattoo)

Most of the jokes have been replaced with another still worth the money because it will have you laughing most the way through it

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
ramtopsman said:

Don't watch this film its about a guy and girl traveling across Mexico and having to avoid aliens (SOUNDS GOOD DOESN'T IT) Except for the part where you only see 5 aliens throughout the entire scene and all the way through the film your thinking Yeah its gonna pick up just wait and see. Then its comes with the most Boring endings i have seen in a film for a long time

ALL IN ALL that 2 hours of my life i will never get back THANKS ALOT MONSTERS ¬.¬
Well it got excellent reviews, so you haven't put me off. But the important thing in the reviews was that they pointed out, it's not really a film about monsters.

Dotsie said:
ramtopsman said:

Well it got excellent reviews, so you haven't put me off. But the important thing in the reviews was that they pointed out, it's not really a film about monsters.
See it Dots, the film was one of my favourites of last year, the ending was beautiful! :laugh:

ramtopsman said:

It's actually a short 1 hour and 25 ;)

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
ramtopsman said:

Are you the sort of person who, like Mr Garrison, got pissed with Contact because they only showed one alien at the end, and it was Jodie Foster's father? :)

I want to watch Monsters one day. I don't mind slow-paced, psychological stuff.

ramtopsman

Lance-Corporal
Aug 19, 2010
manchester
www.youtube.com
Not really it just annoyed me when its a film about monsters i mean even if it was theoretical monsters like (The humans are the worst kind) but no the film was so long winded

Contact was really good i liked contact possibly not my number one sci fi film

That for now will stay as neil blokamps district 9 because it sends a message about racism at the same time as being an amazing sci fi film

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
ramtopsman said:
Not really it just annoyed me when its a film about monsters i mean even if it was theoretical monsters like (The humans are the worst kind) but no the film was so long winded

Contact was really good i liked contact possibly not my number one sci fi film

That for now will stay as neil blokamps district 9 because it sends a message about racism at the same time as being an amazing sci fi film
Oh, District 9 was brilliant, even if it made me feel rather drained and depressed after watching it. :)

author3 said:
I got dragged along to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 by my sister,
talk about a boring movie
I had to watch it for at work. I thought it was pretty funny for what it was, more than some other films like it. I haven't seen the first one, though, I don't think it mattered much. I laughed out loud at the bit where the eat kid mimes to Ke$ha on YouTube, then sits on the cocktail sticks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter