Who is your favourite Who?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Well ... I'll post it here ... keep the Games forum for games ...

I do not own Dr Who - Terry Nation was the originator of the series - The BBC owns copyright - I am only having non-profitable fun!

The Fourteenth Doctor has crash-landed in an alternative future where the Nazi's managed to conquer England. Adolf's grandson Fritz is almost world ruler as the last land is crumbling under pressure - America! Here he meets an old foe ... It seems the fabric of history has been torn and the Doctor has to fix it!

A Stitch In Time

What the heck happened? Surveying the damage and debris laying around him.

"Sometimes I wish I had a granny cleaner as an assistant," he mumbled.

Raising his head he winced as he realised it was the wrong thing to do. Feeling around he touched upon a lump and, possibly, an abrasion or two.

"Never mind I've been through worse!"

Sometimes the T.A.R.D.I.S was a law unto itself but for her idiosyncracies he loved her - she was his true assistant. There were odd moments that he wondered if his ship was a little jealous of some of the assistants he'd had. Though it accepted Rose with equanimity. Rose ... what had made him think of her after all this time. He must have gone through two or three re-incarnations since he met her - and through all ages and some odd parallels. Time meant nothing to him but he understood that in real time she'd be as old as Jacquie was when he first met her. So would his then (handsome chap then), clone. Even though he gave that part of himself freely to her he wished he could give the whole of himself to her.

The T.A.R.D.I.S shuddered and the siren sounded for over ten minutes. Lights flashed like a cheap neon sign - at one point the monotony got too much for the bulbs and they flickered for a time in three different colours. A display psychedelic enough to blow the brains out of any hippie! His ship was whirling and twisting erratically in the slip stream of one of the time holes. The doors rattled.

"Now what?" he groaned. "Don't fail me now!"

Picking up a spanner that had fallen and missed his head by inches he set to work on tightening any screw that was loose.

After about three to four hours of hard graft and labour and having her looking almost ship shape and Galafreyan fashion he stroked the control panel and sighed. Curiosity soon got the better of him and he decided to step out and find out where he was this time.

The bottom of the door scraped on the surface he had landed on. Using his body he pushed it open; the creak of the hinges complained about not having any oil for a long time. Suddenly the door gave way causing him to stumble out with hardly any dignity.

"Impossible!" he breathed. "Completely and utterly impossible!"

I did! There are more Dr Who fans on this site ... :laugh:

Part Two

How? How? HOW? This was crazy - by his reckoning and the T.A.R.D.I.S this was 1980 - Not the most earth shattering of years except that legend John Lennon was shot dead.

Near him was a full bin poking out from beneath a few sodden fruit peelings and fag ends was a corner of a newspaper it flapped in the breeze of the English autumn day. Dragging it out he read the date - September First. The headline's read: Jorg Hitler the son of Adolf - is dead! His son Fritz is now King successor of Europe.

Screwing the paper in his fists he was about to throw it into the river Thames - or whatever it may be called now. It seemed wrong to see the Swastika flying freely over Big Ben. Not only wrong but ... what had happened? There were a group of girls chatting by the river none looked happy and one was swivelling her eyes around - checking for eavesdroppers so whatever they were discussing it was obviously against the law.

Four young men goose stepped past him. One turned and looked him up and down.

"PAPERS!" he barked.

"Papers?" he asked. "Oh right," he made a show of really searching for documentation then found the wallet with the psychic paper. Flipping it open he shoved it under the officer's nose.

"Doctor Johann Schmidt!" the young officer read. "Hamburg? Impressive!"

"NEANDERTHALS!" a woman screamed from somewhere. "MONSTERS! Give her back! GIVE ME MY BABY!"

"You know the law woman your baby started walking she gets taken - it happened to you!"

"Scuse me!" Johann Schmidt exclaimed. Both Officer and Woman stopped. The only sound apart from the whispering wind was the baby's cry - loud, scared. He felt for the poor innocent.

"What do you want?"

"Hello I'm the Doctor. What seems to be the problem?"

"Where is your uniform, Doctor? Those clothes are illegal and against the law. We wear the swastika - anyone who does not - gets taken!"

"Like the baby there?" the doctor asked. "These clothes?" he peered down at his pseudo army Regency style looking up he smiled then said: "Well I am wearing red, black and white. That should be good enough!" The officer had no reply, he smirked. Tipping his hat at the woman he reached out his arms. "Let me take the baby. Don't worry I'll take her where she's got to go."

The woman looked completely distraught. Her dark brown chestnut hair was tangled with sweat dripping off the split ends. Her hazel brown eyes were like that of the hunted animal. Everyone was living in fear - even this soldier was afraid!

"No can do. The Law is The Law, you should know that - or you risk losing your license and your life!"

The officer turned with the baby in his arms. Echoes of the babies scream could be heard for at least twenty minutes after.

"That's the third they've taken from me!" the woman sobbed. "I'm only eighteen!"

"Eighteen? Three kids ... are your first twins?"

"No. I had my first at Fifteen... that's the law... I haven't seen the last one for two years. You have to have a baby every year to keep the purity going... surely you should know that - Doctor!"

The Doctor's eyes clouded over. "Sorry in a world of my own there for a minute. What did you say?"

"Purity Law 1942 - All girls from fifteen onward are to have a baby at least a year until they are forty ... or something like that! I hate it... I mean look at those girls over there ... they're only thirteen - two years left of childhood and that ain't something to cling to. It ain't right."

"What is your name Miss ..."

"Paula," she snapped. "Don't have surnames - only those in the highest government have surnames. We're just serfs. Blimey, where've you been?"

"Under a rock," he mumbled. "Seriously Hamburg if you want to know! Your girl, where is she ..."

"Rita? She'll be taken to a hospital - have health tests done on her then if she's healthy she'll get sent to a boarding nursery and begin being taught the Right way to live. Naughtiness, rebelliousness and unlawfulness are stamped out - I'm only a breeding machine. You being a Doctor ought to know that."

"I am a different kind of doctor. Paula - to get Rita back and your other two children - you have to come with me."

"You don't really come from Hamburg do you?" she asked suspiciously. "Where do you come from, Doctor ...?"

"You would not believe me if I told you, Miss. Now, you take my hand and get your child back or stay here and have another baby - your choice?"

The man spoke strange - very posh - her grandmother had an accent like that. He spoke clearly but not condescendingly. Compassion held dominion in his green eyes - Paula trusted him though not understanding why ...

Paula glanced at the group of thirteen year old girls. "I'm coming with you. Anything must be better than life under Fritz Hitler!"

As soon as she held his hand her heart skipped a beat. There was something wrong yet so completely right about him that she felt almost blown away by him by just that one touch. The Doctor as he called himself clearly was a man of purpose, strength and justice.

"Who are you?" she breathed loudly.

Cool - Glad to know I written it so well I made you curious! Anyway - here is some more ... I am going to write part four tonight - hopefully by the end of the night you should have it.

Part Three

Paula had to have a lie down. The man was odd enough but this strange box was even weirder. How can something be bigger on the inside than on the out? An illusion - some form of sorcery, it had to be ... she was glad Fritz Hitler had not found this device - he would have claimed it for his own. If it wasn't for the urgency of the situation she would have had time to double check her eyesight. The Doctor showed her to a room... it still had some of Rose's things in here.

"There is a bathroom and a wardrobe, a former occupant or two has kept some clothes."

"I can't wear things that aren't regulation ... you'd get into trouble!"

"Paula - do you know what I call this?"

"A bloody nightmare!"

"No, T.A.R.D.I.S - Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. I have been to various rebellions, uprisings, usurpings than you have had hot dinners - you know how they all start?"

Paula shook her head. All she understood was that even a small blue box was too good for her. This room was palacial! "Maybe I should go back and ..."

"No, Paula. You're brave. You and you alone can change what is happening."

"I can't Doctor ... me ... I'm just a serf."

The Doctor stepped up to her and took a lank coil of hair tucked it behind her ear and kissed her forehead: "All revolutions start from one couragious soul daring to be different to the government norm. One tiny ant can't lift a stone but several can and will from ONE ant. You can be the start of something great. Anyway," he sighed. "I can see you're tired. Go sleep. I need to fix something first before we can start."

The Doctor turned his lapels swirled in the air and smiled a little to himself. Paula was lovely - a very sweet woman but he was sure her love for her children would be stronger than any despotic rule could possibly be. She may have been forced to have these children at first but she was a mother anyway. In any system she would have had children.

Paula stared around and opened the wardrobe and saw lovely shimmering pink tops ... gorgeous flower print skirts ... silver strappy sandals. Clothes that only American's wore because - as yet - they were still unconquered but even the great Lady was getting old and easier to manipulate. And Fritz Hitler was like a smarmy nephew oiling more money out his aging aunt. America was near collapse - soon he'd be the first true one and only World Leader. Paula did not feel brave - she felt overwhelmed, scared and out of her depth. Yet she trusted this man implicitly - would vote for him to save the planet yet she didn't even now his name.

Opening another door at the far right there was an ensuite shower, bath and toilet. Cream finish and gold taps. Hanging on a chrome radiator were some purple fluffy towels. Trembling with awe she cautiously ventured further into the bathroom. Catching a glimpse in a full length mirror she turned and glanced at her reflection. Squeezing her hands into fists she could not believe how degraded she looked how filthy and how low. Is this really what she had allowed herself to become? She looked nothing more than a welcome mat for dogs. Her eyes hardened!

"Right, Mr Hitler ... you ain't kidding nobody this time!"

Turning the taps on she started running a bath not questioning how the plumbing worked - she was just grateful it did!

After her bath she dried herself off wrapped her hair in a towel and stepped back into her boudoir. Flinging open the wardrobe doors she picked for herself a beautiful knee length bold print flower skirt and a silky pink blouse. Choosing a pair of tights she just about managed to put them on without falling over and laddering them - and completed the look by putting on a pair of ankle boots.

Drying her hair and brushing it she glanced at herself in the mirror once more - and blushed. Nodding to herself after the third attempt of looking confident she made her way in search of the Doctor. Eventually she found him lying on his back twisting something tightly to something else.

"Hello, Doctor."

The Doctor looked up and was about to say good morning or some other lame joke but her transformation stopped the banter before it had even begun. Swiftly he was on his two feet and squeezed her upper arms.

"Let's get a good, long look at you then ... wow!" he roved his eyes up and down her body. Appreciating the beauty of his new assistant - both his hearts were taken but Paula truly was breath-taking. "Paula - you are lovely! Truly lovely!"

"You like it then?" she asked shyly.

"Love it! Come on then," he smiled. "We've got work to do!"

Fresh new part just written!

Part Four

Fritz Hitler stood at the window of his London Palace. Lord of all he surveyed. His handsome, chiselled features were more like his father's God father - Reinhard Heydrich. A good combination of his grandmother Eva and his mother Francine. Fritz could have any woman he wanted; he wanted none of them ... yet!

"America is closer to yielding, sir," a stammering nervous youth in glasses and with a Welsh accent said. "Once we have the Great Lady ..."

"Yes I know," Fritz sighed. "But what is the point of being world ruler if I have no issue?"

"I - Issue sir?"

Fritz rolled his cold grey eyes. Idiots ... he was surrounded by idiots ... Welsh Idiots at that! "Children."

"Given time ..."

"What is your name?" Fritz asked.

"Llewellyn sir! David Llewellyn."

How Welsh can you get, Fritz thought. Where does his advisors find these imbeciles? Still, at least he was subservient and toady enough for him. Welsh or not he had his uses. One of them was he was young and trustworthy ... young women liked him. His main use was as a pimp! There was no one more suited to that role than him.

"David," he sighed. "I am lonely - find me a companion!"

David winced. Surely there was more for him than to be a provider of women.

"Any preference sir?"

Fritz glanced at David, freezing him on the spot. "A woman who is fairly clean and very pretty. Other than that - no!"

"Right!"

Once David left Fritz decided to take a turn about in the gardens. Walk his two Alsations Adolf and Eva - named after his grandparents. Not by him but by his advisors. Good for public morale ... they also said it was good for public morale to get him married with children by the end of the year. Someone pure, they said, or at least from this country. Show his continuing support for the Reich ... Fritz agreed with them - and that made his mood sour! He liked it best when he could kick up a tantrum.

Five minutes later he was outside breathing in the fresh, slightly smoky, air. Stroking the langrous leaves lazily with his fingers. Sniffing the odd flower - out in the garden was where Fritz was really happy. Away from rule. Here he was free!

Suddenly the peace was shattered with a weird whooawhoosh sound. A very localised tornado swirled the dead leaves in the air and caused strong trees to bow. Fearing for his life Fritz dived behind a nearby statue of a Phoenix.

A strange blue box appeared out of nowhere. Trespassing on his land ... he had half a mind to shout for the guards but decided to wait quietly in his hiding place. Curiosity overtook the need for safety.

A strange man stepped out in non regulation clothing followed by a very pretty brunette also in non regulation clothing. Who were these brave, fearless people?

"Great," the girl said. "What are we doing here?"

"Look around you," the man said. "You'll know."

The girl turned on her heel ... Fritz was instantly mesmerized. This was HER - The girl he was waiting for. She gave him proof he had a heart as he could feel it thumping hard in his chest. Stunning, he smiled. Perfect!

"Buckingham Palace?" she asked incredulously. "I can't be here - I'll be shot on sight. Especially as I am in non regs!"

Should he step out now, put aside her fears? No, this was much more fun.

"Why not? Don't worry about being shot though," he said. "I won't let that happen!"

"You might have the best of intentions but I doubt that you alone can protect me," she tilted her head down to his waist. "You don't even have a gun!"

The man shrugged. "Who needs a gun? I've been through more scrapes than you can shake a stick at ... I'll have you know I am 950 years old."

Fritz staggered slightly - causing a bit of the statue to break off. Here was a man that had immortality... how he would love to gain the secret. Be better at something than his grandfather. That young girl too ... shame to think she could grow old.

"950????"

"Paula," the man whispered urgently.

"What?"

"Keep your voice low!"

Paula ... a beautiful name. Meant rock ... what could be more eternal than a rock? Now he had to find out the relationship between the man and this girl.

"Doctor," Paula hissed. "If people meet us what do we say about each other?"

"We're travellers," the Doctor replied.

Doctor, eh? How useful would that be? Fritz was tired of his personal Physician. Shame the young girl was not a nurse - though if he could ingratiate himself with her ... She seemed disappointed.

"I'd feel better if you said we were married or something ... though that does not count for nothing. But it may help if you're a Doctor."

The Doctor took another look at Paula. Scrutinizing her carefully. "Perhaps a realationship of some sort would be a good idea. Maybe niece and Uncle travelling together?"

Fritz smirked at the way Paula's shoulder's sagged. Well, if the Doctor doesn't want her then he most certainly does.

"So ... how do we get into the Palace then?" Paula asked.

"Maybe ask me," Fritz said stepping out from behind his hiding place.

Hang on just a bleeding sec... this was on the Dream-Worlds forums!
You aren't Fionesta, are you?

Anyway, the fact that I've been rather absent-minded to this thread reminds me of earlier in the thread... Blink was doubtless the most creepy Dr Who I watched, especially at the end where it pointed out there were MORE OF THEM :eek: :eek: :eek: .
The Wire, not so much. There was one I watched when I was much younger, put me off watching Dr Who for years... All I can remember is it was WWII and there were all these kids with gas masks that melted into their faces or something... hmm. o_O

Tracey Oberman was the evil leader of Torchwood at the end of Series two. She was responsible for Daleks and Cybermen entering the Earth and killing most of the world.

Alex Kingston is River Song ... brilliant actress and ex-wife to Ralph Fiennes who played Voldemort in Harry Potter - Alongside David Tennant. Also in Goblet of Fire Roger Lloyd Pack played Tennants dad ... he played the baddie in the two parter in series two that involved Cybermen first time round...

Mine of useless info me ...
:laugh:

:rolleyes: - I must admit I found myself captivated by David Tennant's smile ... :oops: !

Part 5

Paula sucked on her lower lip uncertain as to how she should approach this development. The Doctor had wandered aimlessly to the statue: The Phoenix rises ... he knew all too well what it was like to go into a metaphorical pile of ashes and then come back again - Revenant in the purest sense of the word. He could feel Paula's eyes boring into his back but he was too busy contemplating the sad look in the mythical bird's eyes.

"Well, I am Paula."

"Paula what?"

"Just Paula. That's my Uncle... Johann. From Hamburg."

"You can not be telling me that a beauty like you is a Serf?"

The Doctor clenched his fists - Maybe Paula had a point when she suggested they portray themselves as a married couple. The Doctor had met his fair share of evil men... If he did not know any better then he would think the Master was behind this - it reeked of his manic craziness - but then this also had a whiff of Dalek and an odour of Cybermen - Of course, this could just be humans being human and idiotic! Still - he could not help but feel like something more sinister was watching him.

The cool autumnal afternoon air caused Paula to shiver the silken blouse proved to be too thin for this weather.

"You must be cold."

"Herr Führer, I am just a serf - I am meant to be cold."

Führer ... what kind of talk was that for a revolutionary? The Doctor thought.

"Nonsense."

The Doctor ... or Johann as he had to call himself now ... turned his head a little and saw Herr Führer wrap his coat around Paula. It seemed that the young rapscallion was trying to ooze his way into Paula's heart. Despite what the poor girl had gone through he could see that the lure of the rich palace was working its evil charm on her. Not just the palace - Herr Führer, he snorted, could be the father of her next child ... and how would he treat her then?

"Thank you for the coat Herr Führer."

"Please, Fritz ... and I would be honoured if you and your Uncle were to join me for dinner."

Should have said Husband, he thought. Quite flattering really means I can't be bad looking! You maybe the cleverest man in the universe but sometimes you can also be the eternal dunderhead! She knew what she was talking about.

"I can not honestly believe that a girl as beautiful as you is a serf you know, Paula. I am going to have to give you surname ... my gift to you. It is not every day one's land gets such a lovely trespasser."

'Johann' followed behind. Fritz's hand had slipped down her back to her buttock. A light caress he noted. Paula was sweet. Many sweet girls like her fell for thugs like this Fritz. He had to think of a way round the Uncle thing ... it was not going to protect her.

"Can I have a word with my Uncle?"

"And deprive me of your company?"

Paula craned her neck round and gave 'Uncle Johann' an accusatory glance. He hung his head trying to avoid it.

Once Fritz had entered his palace a Butler appeared at his side. "Shall I take sir's coat off, of madame?"

"This is Lady Paula Du Pré."

"My Lady," the Butler bowed.

'Johann' gritted his teeth. "Does Lady Du Pré want an apperitif?"

'Johann' sidled up to her and whispered the word 'small alcoholic drink. Say yes and say sherry!'

"A glass of sherry, please."

"And..." the butler turned to the Doctor looking at him up and down. "Sir?"

"Doctor Johann Schmidt ... Honorable - and Lady Du Pré is my niece."

The butler's expression changed. "Of course, sir. A sherry for sir too?"

"That would be nice," aloud but secretly The Doctor thought him a pretentious ape.

Fritz led Paula to a chaise-lounge. Opulence was the only word she could use for the room. Twenty people could live in here quite comfortably she wanted to say. All her anger at feeling oppressed was still there but the sheer scale of unfairness struck her dumb - Also she liked the sound of Lady Paula Du Pré - far better than just plain Paula.

"So, there is some news around that you have a lady in mind for a bride," she said conversationally.

"Hmm, well I do not - at least did not this morning. But things do change upon unexpected meetings do they not, Lady Du Pré."

Paula blushed. Unexpected meetings seems to be the order of the day ... she unexpectedly met the Doctor who had unexpectedly brought her to the Palace - right at the time that the Führer was strolling around the garden!

'Johann' did not find anything unexpected about this at all. Never, in all his travels, did he find a trip turn out to be anything but a thrilling white knuckle ride of adventure. Even when he was innocently strolling in the scene...

There it was again ... that tang. That metallic, tinny tang in the air. Like blood. He smelled blood and flesh. He would not have put it past this odd ball Führer to have dungeons somewhere.

"Are you considering my niece for ..." Johann began.

"My dear Doctor, how old is your niece?"

"Eighteen," Paula said.

"I would say it is her decision ... well Paula ... let us get to know each other first. But I can already save you the disappointment. I think you are the prettiest woman I have ever clapped eyes on. And the sweetest. I think I know you already - and I think you and I would be highly suitable."

Paula lowered her face, glancing back up through her eyelashes. "Thank you, Führer."

'Johann' sighed. Fear and flattery ... the two combined kill any revolutionary! Flattery, riches and power could win the heart of any sweet fairly innocent girl that had never known real love... Narrowing his eyes he contemplated how he could pull a trick on the so-called Führer.

The Butler turned up with three crystal cut sherry glasses, a matching decanter full of sherry and a silver bowl with some peanuts in on a silver tray.

"Drinks have arrived. Allow me, Prendergast!"

Once the Führer's back was turned 'Johann' strode up to Paula and sat down beside her. "All that glitters is not gold," he whispered.

"Pardon..."

"My Lady... Good Sir!"

"Later."

All that glitters ... there certainly was something odd about the gold in the room ...

User Menu

Newsletter