Who is your favourite Who?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Did you speculate this?

Part Six

David was shuffling through paperwork, he was just thankful that he was allowed a surname. Not many people had them nowadays - Even if they did work close to the Führer. How he hated that title but he grinned and bore it for a slice of Luxury Pie.

As he placed the paperwork in his brown suitcase he heard something hiss in the hallway. Peering around out side the door he noticed a drab looking woman in regs, which consisted of a grey smock, black trousers and a swastika armband. That was something else David was grateful for ... he was allowed to wear a smart suit. Straightening the tie nodding to the serf he walked back into the office content that all things were normal.

But standing at his desk (if standing was the correct word), was something odd ... Odd definitely WAS the right word. David had not seen anything like it in all his life. It looked like something a cleaning serf had left behind ... he was about to shout for a serf to come and tidy her mess up. It had no eyes but it seemed to be staring at him. There was something hypnotic about the thing.

"Weak!" it said.

"Pardon?"

"You are weak!"

The sound of a vacuum cleaner overrode the sounds of what would have been a blood curdling scream. A serf would not concern herself with helping one of the UPPERS ... She had heard worse screams than them down in the dungeons.

Curling wisps of smoke exited out of the office of the late David Llewellyn rising as high as the handle before they evaporated into nothing. The door opened...

"I am strong!" it said.

The serf nodded at it.

**2**

Fritz was admiring himself in his full length mirror. Dressing himself in his favourite dark green suit. A tie with little swastika's dotted down adorned his black shirt. Taking another swirl he smirked. How could she resist? He knew he had probably given the girl idea's above her station but how else was he supposed to bed her? If he liked it then he would have a bride by the morning ... The thought pleased him ... And she should be grateful for even the opportunity of being in the running for his bride.

Her so-called Uncle posed a real problem ... something told the Dictator that there was more to this man that met the eye. Only a magician can make a box of that oddity appear out of nowhere ... and only Magicians have beautiful assistants ... Some practicers of the occult arts called themselves Doctors ... he could not believe his luck ... even his grandfather did not have a court magician.

**3**

"Psst," Paula hissed. "Doctor, are you decent?"

"You can enter my room, Lady Du Pré."

The door opened and she sidled in like she was breaking a rule at a Public school.

"Don't call me that. I'm just plain Paula."

The Doctor narrowed his eyes. "For this charade I have to assume the identity of a Hamburg trained Doctor named Johann Schmidt. If I have to suffer an indignity - so do you, dear Lady Du Pré."

Paula gritted her teeth. "All right ... but if that creep ..." folding her arms across her chest.

"Creep? You seemed to be enjoying his advances," the Doctor allowed a slight upturn at the corners of his mouth.

"Seemed is the right word. I suppose he is charming but I don't know what charm is ... I don't know anything!" she slumped down on a near-by chair.

The Doctor strode up to her, knelt down and took her hand in his. "You can fight, Paula." He tilted her chin up so he could stare into her eyes. "I have - and I am just one! I am living proof of fighting and winning."

"If I refuse him though ... he could kill me!"

"Not necessarily."

"All right then, he could torture me." Paula looked around his room. "I think I have a bigger room than you."

"I am just an honorable... You are a Lady ... I would expect you to have a bigger room. I should imagine you have gold encrusted bedsteads."

"Not quite," she said.

"Are you not going to change for dinner?"

"Nothing to change into."

A scream echoed through the Palace - The Doctor grinned ... This was more like it!

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
Lady Vetinari said:
Rather promising start I have to agree.
He was rather bonkers but I have a feeling he is not going to be as chatty as David Tennant's one was.
I love the idea of a Swimming Pool in a Library.
:laugh:
And he's messy. I think this will not stay the only two times he was late :laugh:
I don't think he'll be chatty either. Nobody can ramble on about something as good as David Tennant :laugh:

Part Seven

Johann had located the source of the scream - it was a middleaged woman in regs that Paula vaguely recognised ... and felt she should know. Despite the empty, haunted look in her eyes - The expression that all oppressed species develops over time, she was a very pretty mid-aged woman. Johann glanced quickly at the woman and switched over to Paula. Even the T.A.R.D.I.S did not need to assimilate the information he could see with his very own eyes. Nothing is a coincidence!

"I recognise that smell," he murmured.

"What is it Dr. Schmidt?" Fritz asked.

"I don't know ... but I have a strange feeling."

"Me too," Paula sighed hugging herself. Fritz noticed now he could ooze his way into her affections.

"Do not worry Paula," he murmured holding her tightly to his body. The Doctor tipped his head sideways and was a little concerned at the way Paula seemed to accept his arms around her ... Weird way to begin a revolution, he mused. Snuggling up to the Enemy... shrugging his shoulders he turned back to the matter in hand.

"What is your name?" he asked the cleaner.

Wild-eyed she turned to her superior and Leader, Fritz nodded. "My name is Frieda," she said.

Ironic name for an oppressed cleaner, The Doctor mused. Still it could be ominous - Nothing like a good non-coincidence to jump start things.

"So," Fritz said after the doctor had poked around the doorframe with his weird screwdriver that he clicked out of his walking cane. "What have you discovered?"

"A dead young man. That is all."

Paula sniffed a bit. "How young?" she stammered through her tears.

The Doctor turned his attention back to the body of David Llewellyn. "About 24 I say."

He strode up to the corpse and closed the eyes as the frozen look of terror confirmed to the Doctor what had killed him. They were an old foe. Kept cropping up from time-to-time causing chaos in their wake and trying to reign supreme. Someone like Fritz Hitler would appeal to them and they would appeal to Fritz Hitler too. As did Paula!

"Paula," The Doctor said. "Can we take a walk, please?"

Frieda's eyes turned from terror to confusion, she took another look at the young woman in the Dicatator's arms. Could be ... no? That would have been too much for her.

"Later, Dr Schmidt. I wish to talk to the lovely Lady Du Pré."

The Doctor turned to Paula conveying with his eyes it was her decision as to whom she wished to be with.

"Uncle Johann, I think I need to be with the strong, powerful ruler."

Fritz touched her bottom with his hand as he led her away. The Doctor narrowed his eyes at the scene. Slowly she turned her head and winked. Immediately it registered with the Doctor what her decision meant. Oho, he chuckled inwardly, so that is your plan... clever - feminine wiles worked well in whatever parallel or planet. What was that old earth saying? Ah, that was it ... Behind every great man there was an even greater woman. It was comparable too, know what was it comparable too ... racking his brains to come up with a similar example ... finally he drew a blank. Still - this could be fun to watch. A great Dictator brought low by a common girl but somehow he felt sorry - maybe just at the last minute - maybe even now ... The young man was not as arrogant as he thought he would be. Maybe he was not the true oppressor. Maybe it was ... But he was dead! He must be by now surely?

Shrugging his shoulders as if pushing that conundrum of his body he rubbed his hands through his hair before really getting to grips with the main situation in hand.

"Lady Du Pré is a bit too ... wild looking to be a Lady, isn't she?" The cleaner said.

"Possibly," he mused not really listening to the woman. The woman was used to this.

"But then what do I know ... 'm just a serf!"

"Yes, yes ... Sorry, Frieda, you saw what happened to this poor bloke."

"Not really! The door was shut but summit weird went in - I eared a scream and then the weird thing came out of the room again ... It hovered and looked like a giant pepper pot with bits sticking out of it!"

"Pepper Pot?"

"Yes but I would never have thought a pepper pot could scare me out of me boots!"

Frieda confirmed his suspicions - there was only one thing in the known universe and the unknown too - that resembled big pepper pots. Talk about letting a lamb to slaughter - he had just let Paula out of his sights ... Stupid Doctor!

*~*~*~*~*~*

Fritz had led Paula out into the garden. Down to a little private area - "This is the second Kitchen garden. I do not know why we have three but we do ... This one is my favourite - there is a little corner with some really lovely herbs I used to nibble on," impulsively he took her hand and dragged her to a secretive corner. Burrowing underneath a hedge he dragged her through and sat her down on an old strong tree branch hidden amongst the foliage. "I love this hiding place," he said breathlessly, his eyes shining. "I have been hiding here for nearly all my life when I just want to be me!"

"And who is you ...?"

"Not Fritz Hitler."

"So you're what ... his extremely evil twin?"

"No Fritz Hitler is me but what I am saying that I do not WANT to be me. Why can't I be Fred a gardener or something?"

"Because you're grandparents were ..."

Paula was surprised at what she said next but she could not stop her mouth saying the words ... like wild horses they tore through the void rushing through his ears. "An insane bully and an empty air-headed bimbo!"

The words lingered in the atmosphere permeating into the cosmos. A small wind rustled the leaves. Fritz glanced at Paula - one corner of his mouth twitched then the other. His eyes sparkled, his shoulders shook then he started chuckling.

"Paula, that is the first time anyone has ever spoken how I feel about them too!" Paula tried not to laugh with him but she underestimated the infectious power of laughter. "I like you Paula. You are forthright, beautiful and brave. All things that I ... I want to tell you all things close to my heart and my deepest secret thoughts." Paula suddenly felt that the space shrink around her. Suddenly he seemed nearer and taller and stronger. Power did come from him. Fritz took one step to be closer to her before dropping on his knee and taking her hand. "I have never wanted to tell someone the things I suddenly want to tell you. That may sound like something you have heard a hundred times before but it is true. And you are pretty, Paula. Beautiful brown eyes and thick wavy hair ..."

Paula, say something you stupid cow before he kisses you! It seemed a small imp crawled inside her mouth and superglued her jaw together. All she could do was nod her appreciation of his compliments. Fritz reached out, and with the back of his fingers stroked gently across her jawline - it seemed that his touch was the antidote to the glue. Her jaw slackened at his gentle caress. Before she could use her jaw's new found freedom to stop him his lips landed on hers. Years of compliance had trained her to accept the kiss of any man that one hour of rebellious thought could not compete. Besides ... it felt ... nice - like he actually cared about pleasing her. It was rather strange. Pleasant. Pleasantly strange. Just as she was really relaxing into it he stopped.

"What?" she asked.

"I - Paula - you made me feel wanted!"

Paula was about to reply. A low humming sound somewhat like a honey bee collecting pollen on a summers day was heard above the foliage.

"What is that ..."

"Quiet, Paula," Fritz hissed clamping a hand over her mouth.

"Mmmmph hmmmph!" she protested.

Fritz held her close to him to stop her hands flailing into his face and her feet from kicking in his chin. The hum faded and light entered into their hiding place. A cool breeze swept through at the departure of the whatever that had interrupted them. When Fritz was sure it had gone entirely he let go off her and freed her mouth. All he got for his trouble was a slap in the face and she stormed off.

"Paula... don't!" he screamed.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Course not Bikkit - you've just got the exciting prospect of catching up with over 40 years worth of the best sci-fi series ever written, featuring the cream of (mostly) British actors from Day 1! :laugh:

Am off to watch the repeat of the 1st Matt Smith episode shortly ;)

Whoops - forgot to say! :oops: Nice progression in the fanfic LadyV ;)

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I loved David Tennant as Dr Who. Gorgeous man, well, I love him in anything he does actually.
I had to watch the new Dr. Who, first programme of the series on i player. Was busy this weekend.
I haven't taken to Matt Smith yet, but it's early days & he has got very big shoes to fill, in his own way of course, so I'll reserve judgement for now.
I did enjoy watching the programme though.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Catch-up said:
I've only just started watching Dr. Who and I'm still in season 1. So I only know one Who. :laugh: Took me a few episodes to get into it, but I'm enjoying it so far.
I used to work in the store where Rose worked, that got blown up in episode 1. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter