Worst Puns

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jan 1, 2010
Having heard this shocker in Eric

"Don't you know the classics?" "That isn't one of those Horse Races we're supposed to remember is it?"
I thought we needed a sort of opposite to the favourite quotes thread to share them o_O

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I don't have the book on hand, but in Wee Free Men Tiffany comments to the toad that he's looking rather yellow for a toad. He replies that he hasn't been well.

He's [wait for it] a yellow sick toad and Tiffany has been told to follow his advice. :laugh:

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
Tonyblack said:
I don't have the book on hand, but in Wee Free Men Tiffany comments to the toad that he's looking rather yellow for a toad. He replies that he hasn't been well.

He's [wait for it] a yellow sick toad and Tiffany has been told to follow his advice. :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: Oh I've read that one in italian, they must have changed it because the two words so similar in English are very very different in italian, so I missed the ( o_O: ) joke

Jan 1, 2010
Sadly that's the kind of humour that can't work in translation when it relies on words sounding similar or having multiple unrelated meanings :(

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
In Guards! Guards! Vimes refers to the coffee that Harga serves him as: "love in a canoe". It took me a while to get that one, but I thought it was very funny when I did. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter