Worst Puns

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ook!

Jun 21, 2010
UK - Somerset
My personal favourite is in UA... page 11

On Glenda's bear:

"Traditionally, in the lexicon of pathos, such a bear should have only one eye, but as the result of a childhood error in Glenda's sewing, he has three, and is more enlightened than the average bear."

'... Smarter than the average bear' ;)

Ook!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Ook! said:

On Glenda's bear:

"Traditionally, in the lexicon of pathos, such a bear should have only one eye, but as the result of a childhood error in Glenda's sewing, he has three, and is more enlightened than the average bear."

Ook!
:laugh: I hadn't spotted that one! :laugh:

Welcome to the site, Ook! :laugh:

Tonyblack said:
Ook! said:

On Glenda's bear:

Ook!
:laugh: I hadn't spotted that one! :laugh:

Welcome to the site, Ook! :laugh:
Also a reference to T. Lobsang Rampa and his utterly discredited "autobiography" about being a Tibetan Lama, which claims (amongst other jaw dropping silliness) that the key to unlocking your psychic potential and achieving enlightenment lies in learning to see through your pineal gland, referred to as "the third eye", by having a hole drilled in your forehead. :eek:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Danny B said:
Also a reference to T. Lobsang Rampa and his utterly discredited "autobiography" about being a Tibetan Lama, which claims (amongst other jaw dropping silliness) that the key to unlocking your psychic potential and achieving enlightenment lies in learning to see through your pineal gland, referred to as "the third eye", by having a hole drilled in your forehead. :eek:
Well it didn't do much good in Scanners either ;) But it made a good film though.

Does hoop really mean poo?

User Menu

Newsletter