wots on your to read pile

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 15, 2008
Norway
chris.ph said:
now i have quite a few on my to read pile

pride,predjudice and zombies
a couple of robert rankins
quite a few urban fantasy books

there are about a dozen in all,as always im being nosey and want to find out wots on your piles :laugh: ;) o_O: o_O: o_O: o_O: o_O: o_O:
Pride, predjudice and zombies is on my "need to finish" list. Can't seem to get past page 36, think it's because I've found out that I much, much prefer the original.

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Well, I wouldn't have minded, I think, if it had been written a bit differently. As it is it seems the author has just inserted some extra sentences (to include the zombies), if you take away those what you're left with is the original Jane Austen book. That's just my take on it mind, someone else might find it a good read.

Edit. Just added three books to my to read list. Bought Hells Bells, The collectors (David Baldacci) and the latest George RR Martin book on Play. :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Have the George RR Martin on on my to read pile as well and agree with you on The pride and predjudice thing. Stinks of a cheap fad to be honest.
Got a great set of badges with my copy of Hells Bells. The first editions came with a set of character related badges which look great :laugh:

May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
My list is of the books I'm reading I don't make to read piles they're numbered in the form of way I'm reading most

1.Good Omens by PTerry

2.The Hound of the Baskerviles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

3.The Mysterious Benedict Society ant the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart

4.The Lunatics Curse by F.E.Higgins

5.The Bellmaker by Brian Jacques

6.The Science of Discworld by PTerry

7.Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams

8.The Dead by Charlie Higson

9.The Graveyard Book

I'm really glad I'm only reading 9 books because in July I was reading 47 books

hattie

Constable
Jul 31, 2011
Austria
What's on my bedside table is:

Powers by Ursula LeGuin
Eric
Die Letzten Tage der Menschheit by Karl Kraus
I Shall Wear Midnight
The Pig Scrolls by Paul Shipton
Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

Sep 7, 2011
Essex
Guards! Guards!

A Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England

A Tiny Bit Marvellous

The Last Continent

God Collar

The Mayor of Casterbridge

Birdsong

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Good mix :laugh:

I'll have to reorganise my to read pile. I've lost track a little.
tipping in and out of Peter Whimsy short stories and working my way through the Song of ice and fire series
Also have the fourth part of Gormenghast sitting at home but trying to get the courage to read it ( i'm afraid it will suck severely)
I've one or two recently acquired Philip K Dicks to read and i've just gotten Peter Ackroyds History of England pt 1.

Also have the two Ben Aaronovitch London books to start.
Should get me by til Snuff arrives :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter