Doctor Who 2014

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I enjoyed that one. Reminds me a bit of the early Colin Baker's Doctor with his uncaring manner. It was great to see the Aberthaw power station on the beach scene. :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I watched The Web of Fear, or at least the five surviving episodes, yesterday. Very good story. Not perfect, but certainly deserving of its acclaimed status in the fandom.

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
Excellent mummy and a good story.

The abrasive Doctor makes me think of how Colin Baker's version might have been done if the whole idea had been handled by people who actually knew what they were doing. And I'm not including Mr C Baker in that dismissive remark, as I feel that he was very poorly served in his short time on the programme.

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, 85 and above is considered 'excellent'. It has to be said, AI ratings have taken a bit of a dip this series, but they are still not bad (82 and over) and indeed better than for Series 1. Hopefully things will settle down for the rest of this season, and Moffat et al will learn lessons for the next series. :)

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
I was originally going to say "excellent", but then realised that I'd used that word in my previous post on this thread, and didn't wish to sound like a David Banks Cyberleader!

Jack Remillard

Lance-Corporal
Oct 27, 2009
I though that was really good.

Clara's motivation for lying to Danny is eluding me though. Last episode, he was saying he really was pretty much fine with her travelling with the Doctor, and asking if she was sure she wanted to stop! It seems almost like willfully self-destructive behaviour.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Jack Remillard said:
I though that was really good.

Clara's motivation for lying to Danny is eluding me though. Last episode, he was saying he really was pretty much fine with her travelling with the Doctor, and asking if she was sure she wanted to stop! It seems almost like willfully self-destructive behaviour.
Clara lied to the Doctor first about Danny being okay with her travelling with the Doctor

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
OK, another good episode, interesting plot hypothesis of what if Flatland decided to invade our world, I wonder what Ian Stewart thought of the episode if he saw it as he wrote a book (Flatterland) in 2001 developing the Flatland originally created by Edwin Abbott Abbott back in the 1880's as to how a 2 dimensional world would interact with 3 dimensions. Being a fan of the original book and Ian's sequel I had a long chat with him about it at the last convention in Birmingham although the concept of one side invading the other never occurred to us :rolleyes:

User Menu

Newsletter