Least favourite Discworld book

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
meerkat said:
Monstrous Regiment has just been overtaken by Dark Side of the Sun. I thought the begining garbled and it only panned out once something concrete started to happen.

Am well impressed with Strata though.
I think it will be a long while before I want to read Dark Side of the Sun again, it wasn't terrible, just meandering. I finished it 2 weeks ago. I'm just over halfway through Strata at the moment, it's really good. (first and only F word in a Pratchett book?)

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
DaveC said:
meerkat said:
Monstrous Regiment has just been overtaken by Dark Side of the Sun. I thought the begining garbled and it only panned out once something concrete started to happen.

Am well impressed with Strata though.
I think it will be a long while before I want to read Dark Side of the Sun again, it wasn't terrible, just meandering. I finished it 2 weeks ago. I'm just over halfway through Strata at the moment, it's really good. (first and only F word in a Pratchett book?)
I don't remember reading an F word in any of the others.

edited: cos I made a hash of it!

Archaeologist

Lance-Constable
Jul 15, 2011
Australia
Greetings, all. I'm new to Discworld and have read only a handful, but I just had to say:

Pyramids. Oh, Pyramids. The charm left it, for me, once the action moved to Djelibeibi (sp?). I just didn't find it engaging on either a humourous or a dramatic level.

...But I thought Night Watch was hysterical (if quite intense, which I loved) and I'm itching for the next Moist story (MM was my first ever Discworld story) so there we go. :eek:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, Archaeologist! :laugh:

The board is being a bit temperamental today, which is probably why it's saying that you haven't made any posts when you clearly have.

I have to say that I was always disappointed when Pyramids moved from A-M to Djelibeybi as well.

May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
I know I said The Truth was my least favorite a few pages back
But after reading it again I enjoyed it a lot more
At the moment my least favorite is probably Night Watch
It's a brilliant book but just not as good as the others

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
author3 said:
I know I said The Truth was my least favorite a few pages back
But after reading it again I enjoyed it a lot more
At the moment my least favorite is probably Night Watch
It's a brilliant book but just not as good as the others
Splutters into tea mug. Worst? It's up in my top five! Wonderful story, plot runs along nicely and you get to find out a lot more aboout the birth of the Guilds. Lu Tse is a brilliant character only surpased by Angua!

Yep, you're right, I like it! :laugh: ;)

Archaeologist

Lance-Constable
Jul 15, 2011
Australia
I adore Night Watch. :( It blew me away. I liked how dramatic it got. I think the whole 'meeting his younger self' was handled a little strangely - I would be a little more in awe than Vimes was, but maybe that's just Vimes for you.

User Menu

Newsletter