Most Annoying Cartoon Character!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 31, 2008
Japan
I used to love the original Scooby Doo cartoons then along came that horrible little, yappy Scrappy Doo and completely ruined the whole show!

Also Tigger in Disney Channel's new Pooh cartoons (the ones with a girl! not Christopher Robin) really gets up my nose. :twisted:

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
poohbcarrot said:
I used to love the original Scooby Doo cartoons then along came that horrible little, yappy Scrappy Doo and completely ruined the whole show!
You live in Japan and the most annoying cartoon character you can think of is Scrappy Doo???

What about:
1. The Great Gazoo
2. Krang (is it just me, or does Krang sound like an old woman? "Why haven't you completed my new body?"
3. Snarf
4. Purple Pie Man
5. Slimer
6. Orko
7. Professor Coldheart

Also, any French character in an animated Disney movie (think "chef" from the little mermaid).

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
kakaze said:
What about:
1. The Great Gazoo
2. Krang (is it just me, or does Krang sound like an old woman? "Why haven't you completed my new body?"
3. Snarf
4. Purple Pie Man
5. Slimer
6. Orko
7. Professor Coldheart
o_O: :cool: Never heard of any of them! o_O

The only Japanese cartoons I know are Anpanman, Doraemon, Pretty Cure and Dragonball.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I loved the way they got rid of Scrappy in the Scooby Do Live movie. :laugh:

I recognise a few of those names kakaze - but weren't they American toon characters? o_O

Krang was in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Snarf was in Thundercats, Slimer was in Ghostbusters and Orko was in He-Man. I don't know the others.

I really hated Tweety Pie and wanted to see Sylvester eat the smug bugger. :twisted:

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Slimer! SLIMER!!!!! How can you hate SLIMER!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

I think every boy and girl would love to have their own Slimer!

In the new Ghostbusters Wii game he makes an apperance. nice to see the old boy keeping in shape! :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
poohbcarrot said:
kakaze said:
What about:
1. The Great Gazoo
3. Snarf
4. Purple Pie Man
5. Slimer
6. Orko
7. Professor Coldheart

The only Japanese cartoons I know are Anpanman, Doraemon, Pretty Cure and Dragonball.
Me either - gods I'm old :devil:

Actually I do remember Slimer now someone said they were in the Ghostbusters and I used to watch very occasionally - also Thundercats for a bit too and I loved that (can't remember any charries except Lionel though) but not as much as Battlecat and Cringer in Masters of the Universe. :laugh:

I HATED Woody Woodpecker mostly for the laugh but the voice was just dire :devil:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I think that was Lion-O rather than Lionel. :laugh:

And yes, Woody was really annoying.
Anyone remember the really old Japanese animation that was dubbed into English called Battle of the Planets with a bunch of kids wearing costumes that looked like birds? The team was called G-Force and they used to have sections with an annoying R2-D2 type robot at their base explaining what was happening.

I read somewhere that the robot was added to pad out the really violent bits that they had to remove for the English dub version.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I thought the robot was the love interest for Princess - she was always flirting with him & making him blush :eek:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Dotsie said:
I thought the robot was the love interest for Princess - she was always flirting with him & making him blush :eek:
No - that was 'Susan' the computer. As far as I know 7-Zark-7 the robot never physically met the G-Force. :)

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
Ah, Battle of the Planets. My first real experience of Manga style animation.

The original was called Gatchaman which was re-named G-Force in the US and Battle of the Planets in the UK.

7-zark-7 was indeed used to pad our the episodes after the voilence was removed for UK consumption.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Jason said:
Ah, Battle of the Planets. My first real experience of Manga style animation.

The original was called Gatchaman which was re-named G-Force in the US and Battle of the Planets in the UK.

7-zark-7 was indeed used to pad our the episodes after the voilence was removed for UK consumption.
I see there's a CGI version of Gatchaman due out next year. :laugh:

Trish

Corporal
Apr 23, 2009
Wintersville, Ohio
Didn't like cartoons as a kid, don't like them now.

The ones I do not mind are:
Tom & Jerry
Tweety (can't stand Sylvester)
The Roadrunner
and the rooster with the Southern accent.

I can't stand Family Guy. The dog is the only one with any sense.
South Park has its moments, as a hater-of-animation, even I kind-of like it.
Red versus Blue, however, is very good.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Jan Van Quirm said:
poohbcarrot said:
kakaze said:
What about:
1. The Great Gazoo
3. Snarf
4. Purple Pie Man
5. Slimer
6. Orko
7. Professor Coldheart

Me either - gods I'm old :devil:

I HATED Woody Woodpecker mostly for the laugh but the voice was just dire :devil:
I must be old, too. I've no idea who these characters are.

The character that irritates me most is Mickey Mouse!

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Trish said:
Didn't like cartoons as a kid, don't like them now.

The ones I do not mind are:
Tom & Jerry
Tweety (can't stand Sylvester)
The Roadrunner
and the rooster with the Southern accent.

I can't stand Family Guy. The dog is the only one with any sense.
South Park has its moments, as a hater-of-animation, even I kind-of like it.
Red versus Blue, however, is very good.
Foghorn Leghorn - Ah say! :laugh:

Tom and Jerry are pure class (except when Hanna Barbera took them over - the Fred Quimby ones are just masterpieces artistically/technically and gag-wise too) :laugh:

Lion-O OK yeah :oops: (I liked As Time Goes By too)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I agree about Tom and Jerry - it became a kiddies show instead of one for all the family. That was the difference between Warner Bros and Disney. It makes all the difference.

I remember a PC period of Tom and Jerry where the chcnged the voice of the woman in the kitchen from Black to Irish. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter